Small issue, how to fix suggestions?

Reaction score
IMG_3810.JPG IMG_3809.JPGIMG_3811.JPG IMG_3812.JPG Hi guys,gals
I'm new here, have been reading for a couple months now, first post.
I have a new phantom 4, purchased 2 weeks ago. It performs as advertised, no issues. About a dozen flights, No crashes or drops. 6s plus on transmitter, firmware updates done, all is good---- except one tiny little issue. I just noticed one of the little wire mess screens on the under side of prop arm is pushed in, obviously does not effect flying but dust or debris could get in, screen could come loose plus most of all it just bugs me. It's still there, looks like just bent over, can't imagine how my finger could of done it.
Do I dare try to fix myself?
Do I dare send it to DJI for such a little repair and wait for a month to get it back?
Pics above
Appreciate feed back

Attachments

• IMG_3812.JPG
    IMG_3812.JPG
    985.4 KB · Views: 376
I would say this is a judgement call on your part. I can understand how it would bug you. The truth is, the opening almost certainly won't hurt a thing. Do you want to go to the trouble of removing the top and fixing it? Or do you want to send it away to be fixed? Or do you want to just leave it? Up to you.

Is it plastic or metal? If it's metal and conductive, it could cause a problem if it broke off and rattled around in there.

Personally, I would just open it up and fix the darn thing, but that's me. Other people will have different opinions.

It's a lot of work to get it apart and back together just to "repair" that. There's nothing in there that it will hurt. Fish around with tweezers and remove. But to completely remove shell for that? I would not suggest it. I speak from experience. I've replaced my shell once and a motor once. It is a task.

That's all 1 piece by the way. See pic.
037a415f151696402c1ab59f372fb52d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic