Small crash / Dampening pins??

Reaction score
After checking my bird over after the minor tussle.. I noticed only 2 clear plastic pins were intact inside the white cushions for the gimbal dampening. There are supposed to be 4 total correct? One on each cushion..

Out of the box, there are only two installed diagonally. That's all you need. If you want to prevent the gimbal from releasing during a crash, then loosely attach a small plastic zip tie through the two holes that do not have pins in them.

P3-ZipTie2.JPG

After checking my bird over after the minor tussle.. I noticed only 2 clear plastic pins were intact inside the white cushions for the gimbal dampening. There are supposed to be 4 total correct? One on each cushion..
you just need two not four

Ok thanks guys, I started to install the extra 2 in the open holes. I was able to get one in and I fought with another.. should have waited till I posted here. I got one off, but the other one might be on there for good. I already pushed the plastic clip on the bottom and it doesn't want to come off..

Last edited:
Ok thanks guys, I started to install the extra 2 in the open holes. I was able to get one in and I fought with another.. should have waited till I posted here. I got one off, but the other one might be on there for good. I already pushed the plastic clip on the bottom and it doesn't want to come off..
They can be removed. Push the collar further onto the pin. Leave it there for a few minutes, then pull it off quickly.
Leaving it pushed on the shaft for a few minutes flexes the plastic locks enough that they will stay flexed enough to pass over the end.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

They can be removed. Push the collar further onto the pin. Leave it there for a few minutes, then pull it off quickly.
Leaving it pushed on the shaft for a few minutes flexes the plastic locks enough that they will stay flexed enough to pass over the end.

My man! Worked like a charm.. thanks.

So I'm curious I too put extra pins and when I got my drone from second hand a buddy the novelty ran out on them and I've been always wanting a drone so anyhow when I got it I noticed it was missing two pins so I bought new pens does it have to have only two pins to operate properly or can I leave the four pins in there thank you for the hack on how to get the pins off by pushing it down the shaft and flexing the fin stops but with that being said do I have to remove the other two pens for the gimbal to work properly or can I go ahead and just leave the four pins in there for peace of mind

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4