Small Aircraft incursion into my airspace no way to report to FAA

Manned aircraft are not allowed to fly under 500 feet unless they have issues or are landing and taking off. Yes all manned aircraft have right of way but that doesn't excuse the flying lower than 500ft unless they had a mechanical problem or were landing. I have just moved to the U.S. And can't believe how PPL pilots disregard the safety rules. Did you get his registration number? Just report him for flying under 500ft and don't mention the phantom.

I went to school and have a masters plus I did not loose my common sense to boot! Just because you get a "LICENSE" in something doctor, lawyer, pilot. Doesn't mean you walk on water and are perfect in every way there are those who are reckless and have ill intentions who hold LICENSES. And we haven't even touched on those who have drivers LICENSES.
Loving the irony of the perfectly placed spelling error. :p

Manned aircraft are not allowed to fly under 500 feet unless they have issues or are landing and taking off. Yes all manned aircraft have right of way but that doesn't excuse the flying lower than 500ft unless they had a mechanical problem or were landing. I have just moved to the U.S. And can't believe how PPL pilots disregard the safety rules. Did you get his registration number? Just report him for flying under 500ft and don't mention the phantom.
how do you prove flying below 500 feet. Welcome to the US, but in a court of law here, there has to be empirical evidence. A "wingover single engine aircraft" is going to be hard to prove.

you called them douche bag pilots for reporting drones. They have more to loose than a piece of plastic flying in the sky and generally should report activity of drones in their airspace. They also have the right of way under 500 feet (because they are manned). Should they fly below that? generally no. But they may.

Arguing that an RC aircraft trumps a manned aircraft is stupid. And you are right, a masters degree doesn't teach common sense. I love flying my drone..but I have no entitlement to airspace. I gladly relent to manned flights.
You have totally missed the whole point here! I never said RC AIRCRAFT trumps manned aircraft! Ok now real simple and we're done ok there are pilots making up stories to stir the media and give us a bad rap. Those are douche bags that do this sort of thing.

You have totally missed the whole point here! I never said RC AIRCRAFT trumps manned aircraft! Ok now real simple and we're done ok there are pilots making up stories to stir the media and give us a bad rap. Those are douche bags that do this sort of thing.
I'd like to know the validity of your statement. Have links? or are you just going on hearsay? stupidity of phantom pilots gives us a bad rap. By flying stupid and above height levels. I believe pilots are responsible and have a stake in the game to report improper use of a drone. Have some pilots lied....I guess it's possible, but the draw attention to themselves by such action because you rarely find a drone present after an incident. I just don't get the logic of pilots trying to screw things up for us. Most pilots I talk to, think the drones are cool. and they fly for american airlines. they have yet to have any complaint about them. so...where's your links that back up your douche bag comment. I'd like to read about it. Honestly.

Lol go to lunch!!!
I just had a sandwhich. I like debate though. I'll let it rest. I will say, this isn't worth the time the OP is putting into it. It's best to lay low and enjoy the hobby. The more press about it won't be good. FAA isn't going to side with an RC craft. there also needs to be some documentation that reckless behavior on the manned craft was present.

Reactions: N017RW
Honestly? I have nothing to prove to you I'm the kind of person that doesn't believe everything,I read or here unlike you! I have been flying RC responsibly since 1984 I know the rules yes I have pilot friends who fly RC too and they will tell you that they know some douche bag pilots and I don't have to come up with some magical links to back up my comment read the stories that are out there some of them make absolutely no sense.

Honestly? I have nothing to prove to you I'm the kind of person that doesn't believe everything,I read or here unlike you! I have been flying RC responsibly since 1984 I know the rules yes I have pilot friends who fly RC too and they will tell you that they know some douche bag pilots and I don't have to come up with some magical links to back up my comment read the stories that are out there some of them make absolutely no sense.
that's cool. then it is hearsay and your comment is moot.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Just get your Head out of the sand and go read honestly think about it put some thought into it or can you do that

Reactions: delirious
how do you prove flying below 500 feet. Welcome to the US, but in a court of law here, there has to be empirical evidence. A "wingover single engine aircraft" is going to be hard to prove.

That's right very difficult to prove unless you record it and it's blatantly obvious that they are below 500ft. I had a friend in the UK that did get reported and fined for flying to low over our RC field but he was a bit crazy and that was in the UK!

Common sence. We are not to fly up and they are not to fly down. They can fly as low as 500 ft. The small PPC ( parachute propelled craft) can and do have to maintain a height from 500 to normally 1200 ft.. Same for any light sports aircraft. We are to maintain complete clearance for them. In other words get out of the way. They have the legal right of way. So do the small air craft they all have preference over hobby craft.

I was recreationally flying my DJI Phantom 3 Professional over my property near Pomona, Illinois this morning at approximately 8:45 AM CDT. While operating the model at approximately 150 ft AGL my airspace was overflown by a what appeared to be a wingover single engine aircraft operating somewhere between 500 and 1200 feet AGL. ... Less than 5 minutes later, the aircraft reentered my airspace and was considerably lower.
It's very difficult to estimate the height of a passing plane. As you said, he was between 500 and 1200 feet.
Then you say he came back considerably lower.
Lower than 500ft? .. Lower than 1200 ft?
If you can't tell how high the plane was, how can you expect the FAA to act on such a vague report.
If the plane was as low as you indicate, you must have easily noted his tail number. You did get his number, didn't you?
Again, it's hard for the FAA to act without being able to ID the aircraft involved.
How does a civilian recreational UAV owner operating completely within current FAA recommendations report an incursion of a civilian aircraft into his private property airspace
Your private property airspace? What's that?

Insufficient evidence - case dismissed - let it go.

Fourprops said:
Yes I believe this happens and most reports are BS made by douche bag pilots!!!!

That's probably what they'd say over in the Wingover Single-Engine Aircraft Pilots' Forum if a report was posted by a drone operator.

Making a report of "low flying aircraft"(especially over one's own property) and within that report mentioning that a recreational UAV was being flown within the FCC recommendations (remember that there are no specific rules at this time other than operating the model aircraft in a safe manner), would certainly help should the civil aircraft pilot report a drone being operated in his airspace.
Even my friend who is a commercial pilot IS a douchebag when it comes to recreational drones and often posts fake drone reports on his FB page. He literally hates drones and believes they have no right to fly anywhere. He does admit that private pilots have a responsibility to avoid low level flights and are specifically required to avoid lower altitude flights over residences and people....

Making a report of "low flying aircraft"(especially over one's own property) and within that report mentioning that a recreational UAV was being flown within the FCC recommendations (remember that there are no specific rules at this time other than operating the model aircraft in a safe manner), would certainly help should the civil aircraft pilot report a drone being operated in his airspace.
Even my friend who is a commercial pilot IS a douchebag when it comes to recreational drones and often posts fake drone reports on his FB page. He literally hates drones and believes they have no right to fly anywhere. He does admit that private pilots have a responsibility to avoid low level flights and are specifically required to avoid lower altitude flights over residences and people....

FCC ???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31