SLRHut. Why shouldn't i buy from them?

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from this company?

I'm in the UK and looking at a Phantom 3 Advanced and these guys are pretty much the cheapest i've found at £699 + Free Delivery with most other sites starting at £899, a big difference.

I called them today to and got straight through to someone who said they] reason that they offer their products so cheap is because they don't charge the import tax onto their customers and that they order straight from China! I used a similar company when purchasing my camera last year and had no issues.

Any info greatly appreciated.

http://slrhut.co.uk/product/ID748C7...q2fDbR5X-aUT6QsgqUG10B8vixqUitNEu0RoC5pTw_wcB

£200 off That's great, but don't expect after sales support or repairs if your quad has problems. They would have no clue! Why don't you buy from Heliguy? it's safe, they are DJI repair center and they dont charge 50 quids for next day delivery. (Its free actually)
I bought everything there, I visited them, it is not just a website.

SLRHUT has a bad reputation among camera forums. Little input from their employees and when you do get one, they hardly ever reply back to address the issues customers have with them.

I'd rather pay the VAT and import fees from a supported and authorized website than risk the SLRHUT criminality they are well known for. A simple Google search will give you all the pause you require to cross them off your list.

IMO, it's just not worth it.

Thanks for the heads up, i did do some googling but not very well, at all! :(

Will have a look at heliguy

I looked at all of this and ended up buying from buzflyer because they are kind of local and they where great, since then I have bought new props from heliguy as I was passing and they are very helpful.
Bottom line is if we don't support our local shops then they will not be around to help us when we need them - I would only buy something of this value from an authorised dealer in case it goes south.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackHawk388
Hello fellow Phantom peeps.

Yep, my first post - so this will look like an employee making a made-up satisfied customer post. Take it as you will. But I'm happy with the service I received and feel like they deserve a little defence.

Yep they are cheap - shipped from US to UK. I ordered Sunday evening, phoned them to make sure they were a genuine company and that I wouldn't be subject to customs charges. They gave me free rush delivery (£30) as I purchased a couple of cheap accessories to go with it. And my lovely shiny new Phantom 3 has just made it's maiden flight.... 4 days after the order was placed. Not bad considering that's a 4000 mile trip. Very happy - and it was a nice guy, Mike, in customer service.

Yep - it would have been a PITA if I had to return - but happily/luckily I didn't and I'll be servicing this bad boy myself, so not expecting to need any after sales support. If these are important to you then I would definitely consider buying from a supplier in the same country as you. If they're not, then the Phantom and accessories are much cheaper than you can get anywhere else.

Look forward to lurking in the forums - lots to learn!

Cheers,
Paul

Yep, my first post - so this will look like an employee making a made-up satisfied customer post. Take it as you will. But I'm happy with the service I received and feel like they deserve a little defence.

Yep they are cheap - shipped from US to UK. I ordered Sunday evening, phoned them to make sure they were a genuine company and that I wouldn't be subject to customs charges. They gave me free rush delivery (£30) as I purchased a couple of cheap accessories to go with it. And my lovely shiny new Phantom 3 has just made it's maiden flight.... 4 days after the order was placed. Not bad considering that's a 4000 mile trip. Very happy - and it was a nice guy, Mike, in customer service.

Yep - it would have been a PITA if I had to return - but happily/luckily I didn't and I'll be servicing this bad boy myself, so not expecting to need any after sales support. If these are important to you then I would definitely consider buying from a supplier in the same country as you. If they're not, then the Phantom and accessories are much cheaper than you can get anywhere else.

Cheers,
Paul

Sir, if you're here just four weeks from now, I'll give your post some credence.

If you would even answer one or two direct questions, I'll be more inclined to hear you out.

If, however, there are two or three other single digit posters who sign up to give positive feedback in this thread, then I will be, once again, reassured that you're just an employee/schill. The typical methodology of inserting positive responses and then, never being heard from again, being rather evident.

So keep your presence known and also, relate some serious experiences of your overall impressions. NOT this one post host ********.

Cheers,
Paul

This stinks of BS.

Reactions: jlo
lol @FredSheldon

@Bombdogs If you're legit then I apologize. You have to admit, the timing of it was pretty suspicious. I just don't get why anyone would support a company that cheats, so they can save a few bucks though. I've been a long time reader of dpreview.com and slrhut is widely considered lower than low there.

Reactions: BlackHawk388
lol @FredSheldon

@Bombdogs If you're legit then I apologize. You have to admit, the timing of it was pretty suspicious. I just don't get why anyone would support a company that cheats, so they can save a few bucks though. I've been a long time reader of dpreview.com and slrhut is widely considered lower than low there.

I too have been a long time reader on dpreview. It was the advice I found there that led me to purchase my Nikon D90. The sheer amount of slrhut intrusion was worrisome. Usually two or three posts from some "new member" and then, they disappeared.

I'd rather pay $200 more for an item where the distributor has an excellent track record than risk a purchase with slrhut.

Reactions: jlo
Now you can flame me if you want but I bought an Inspire from somebody who bought it directly from SLRHut. Based on that I ordered several hundred GBP worth of accessories. They all arrived a few days later. It is your choice if you want to support the local sellers.. However If you are on a budget and you want it cheapest this outfit and can deliver the goods without ripping you off.

By the way I buy the majority of items from Bonafide sellers - it is sometimes nice to get a bargain

Reactions: SlrHut
IMG_0376.JPG IMG_0377.JPG IMG_0378.JPG Yes its my first post..Hope i dont get blocked from the forum moderators.

@ mohan & @Bombdogs we thank you for your comments. You are real customers with real experiences and we appreciate your comments.

Heres a coupon code for the community

"phantompilots" (put in comments section)

£20 off your order

Im going to leave it at that as i have gotten scorned in the past when i have posted in various online forums. (goods are in stock for those who are worried)

Best!
Henry at slrhut.co.uk

Last edited:

Cheers,
Paul
sounds like a troll to me.here it it dec 6 and he only posted up twice on this thread.

Last edited:
sounds like a troll to me.here it it dec 6 and he only posted up twice on this thread.

Your assumption that I'm a troll is wrong and your assertion that I have only posted twice on the forums is also untrue...

Best of breed accessories? | DJI Phantom Forum

Sheesh, I even provided links to my work & personal website - what more can someone do to prove they are who they say they are? Some people only see or hear what they want to...

Here's my assumption with no research or facts to back it up - you sound like a douche to me.

I am in the UK bought a £1500 bundle of p3p, battery,case,props, sd card, legs , etc for £959 free shipping via Dhl arrived 3 days later from slr. No var no import duty .So far no problems . The company is real oh and unlike Amazon in the UK they ship latest stock with new shell and motors ! This deal is cheaper than I can buy with my own trade account with dji !!! I've been on this forum since way before p3 so I am genuine [emoji106]

Reactions: SlrHut
So, I bought a P3P from SLRHut, initially I was very impressed, quick postage etc...
Now my bird has developed some stress cracks and when I tried to get it repaired through them they say their one year warranty doesn't cover the cracks. They say it's just a design fault and don't want to know.

Anybody else have experience trying to talk to them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers