Slowly strays from fixed position after crash

Reaction score
My phantom vision to has a slightly chipped prop. It gets a GPS fix, all the lights are good. I crashed it into a tree over the weekend. I have calibrated everything, it's strays from a GPS lock Please advice

You're flying with a damaged prop?

That and the vibration it causes could certainly effect stability by disrupting IMU measurements.

Replace the prop and try again.

Your a Godsent if correct. (Slightly chipped at end). Shouldn't gps compensate for the straying though?

Petros5678 said:
Your a Godsent if correct. (Slightly chipped at end). Shouldn't gps compensate for the straying though?

There's no compensation for damaged equipment and no way to further diagnose until the aircraft is back in proper working order physically or mechanically.

I need to mention that camera is broke off. Does it need some tweaking with regards to load balancing. The bottom of drone is akin to a camless model. Just the wire that used to plug into cam dangling

Petros5678 said:
My phantom vision to has a slightly chipped prop. It gets a GPS fix, all the lights are good. I crashed it into a tree over the weekend. I have calibrated everything, it's strays from a GPS lock Please advice

As you have done, just a prop being out of balance can make your quad drift. Since you now have 4 new, same type of props on the aircraft, you need to see if there could be motor resistance that could cause this drifting. Make sure the arms are straight and there was no bending from your crash.

Petros5678 said:
I need to mention that camera is broke off. Does it need some tweaking with regards to load balancing. The bottom of drone is akin to a camless model. Just the wire that used to plug into cam dangling

This shows that you hit with some force, so once you have made sure there is no physical damage to the motor, props, arms etc.. go to the compass on the leg and reset the cable. check everything down there for damage and if the compass moved when you crashed. Ok, assuming that everything on the outside seems good, you have recalibrated in software and it the numbers and everything is good, then perhaps the gps unit under the top shell is damage. open her up (removing the phillips screws on the ends of the arms first with 0 phillips.. and reset the cable. look for damage to the GPS unit, cracks have been reported that might be your problem.

The fellows that posted above have a lot more experience then I, but I have recently been working on this very issue and this is what I have found.

Also, use the K-index and satallite finder to make sure there are enough sats and a good signal prior to flying.

Goodluck..
Craig

"satallite finder" for what ?????????

Are we being a tad Disproportional. ????? I used a sat finder for irridium sat phone. Gps sats are plenty and widely spread out. No app warrented

Update on drone. I sold online for $300. Kept extender and remote. Did I get ripped off? Putting towards vision +
I can't take "non functionality"

BWJ said:
"satallite finder" for what ?????????

and

Petros5678 said:
Are we being a tad Disproportional. ????? I used a sat finder for irridium sat phone. Gps sats are plenty and widely spread out. No app warrented

I use http://satpredictor.navcomtech.com/ I do not know if there is an app..

I also use the K-Index monitor app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... k.Kmonitor

I love it. When I look at my phone and I see a green 1 or a green 2, it makes me wanna go fly.. Check it out.. not trying to send anyone down a bad road or give bad advice or mislead anyone. Just passing on what I have found to be helpful, neat, fun, etc...

Craig

Petros5678 said:
Update on drone. I sold online for $300. Kept extender and remote. Did I get ripped off? Putting towards vision +
I can't take "non functionality"

I wish I could have fixed it for ya, or bought it..Your bird had a working camera?

If you are getting a Vision Plus remember you are not allowed to crash. There is no excuse, so practice, practice, practice.. and when you can play some Mozart, you are ready to go out some distance..

Now, this is just my opinion and I am not trying to tell others how to do things. It is just that the gimbal is so fragile on the Vision Plus that a hard landing can be very bad. But, that is not to say that we can fly safely without every having a hard landing. watch the wind, watch the batteries.. check list.. ohh there I go again.. have fun!

Craig

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic