Slow Yellow Blinking Light

Reaction score
Hello: I have been flying the Phantom 1 for several months without any problems. Today, after plugging in the battery, it goes to a slow blinking yellow light and stays there.

I tried plugging into the NAZA-M V2 Software and for the compass readings it was 0-0-0 and was not showing live figures. However, gyroscope and acceleration xyz were working just fine. Also, I can enter the compass calibration mode, but I cannot complete it successfully.

Do I need to replace the compass? I did not find anything that explains what the slow blinking yellow light means.

Thank you for any suggestions.

If you are getting no compass readings and can't calibrate, I would check out the "magnet to the compass" trick. I think there is a process to follow when your compass is totally out of waco.

skyguy said:
Hello: I have been flying the Phantom 1 for several months without any problems. Today, after plugging in the battery, it goes to a slow blinking yellow light and stays there.

I tried plugging into the NAZA-M V2 Software and for the compass readings it was 0-0-0 and was not showing live figures. However, gyroscope and acceleration xyz were working just fine. Also, I can enter the compass calibration mode, but I cannot complete it successfully.

Do I need to replace the compass? I did not find anything that explains what the slow blinking yellow light means.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Your NAZA isn't getting compass data. The compass could be faulty, the cable could bad anywhere between the compass and the GPS, or the GPS could be bad even. I would start with inspecting the cable and connections closely from end to end, and if you don't spot anything obvious then start with replacing the compass ($15).

Funny thing is that the problem seems to have fixed itself. Several times, It has gone back into that slow blinking yellow light- no compass mode, but it has come back to normal with a reboot. I will buy a replacement compass just for insurance.

I would not think that the compass is the problem because I have a Phantom taken apart with the wire disconnected and I don't get yellow flashing lights, Constant yellow flashes is saying that there is transmitter loss! So either something wrong with your Tx or Rx! I for one had this happen and had to replace my Rx and in most of the cases I've herd of this happening it turned out to be the R!!

phantomflyer said:
I would not think that the compass is the problem because I have a Phantom taken apart with the wire disconnected and I don't get yellow flashing lights, Constant yellow flashes is saying that there is transmitter loss! So either something wrong with your Tx or Rx! I for one had this happen and had to replace my Rx and in most of the cases I've herd of this happening it turned out to be the R!!

Also slow blinking yellow LED means its in ATTi Mode but I'm sure your aware of that if you've been flying for sometime, But if your not getting the motors to turn on and your getting the blinking yellow lights then you lost transmitter signal!

I am having this same problem with the phantom 2. Just opened out of the box. Installed phantom 2 assistant and driver. Able to perform compass calibration but when starting up the phantom it is blinking yellow slowly. It is on the GPS mode. Gyroscope, acceleration, and compass data look good but GPS data recording on the basic view tab are all listed as 0. Any ideas??

My Phantom 2 is also blinking "long yellows" in GPS -mode and I can't lift up.

Have you solved the problem?

GPS mode, cyros., acceler., and compass data look good?

I calibrate compass and after that it goes to this "long yellow" blink.

Have given "magnet to compass" and everything seems to be OK.

In Naza-mode it doesn't blink yellow and find satellites, hovering but can't lift from the ground??

Propp are OK. black-to-black, silver-to-silver etc. checked!

I've noticed you all have a Phantom V2 that this is happening to. I'm not sure if the LED indicators are different from Phantom to Phantom I can only comment on what that means when my Phantom Version 1.1.1 does that it means transmitter loss due to bad Tx or Rx, In my case it was the Rx!!

I'm having the same problem. My phantom 2 is blinking long yellows and when I try to take off the motors won't start and the light turns to 4 quick red and then back to the long yellows. I updated the firmware to 3.0 and the compass and other parameters semm to be Ok. Anyone can help?
Thanks in advance

Either your GPS antenna connection is bad or your battery is faulty.

I just replaced two motors tonight (after 100 hours of flight time) and went to test them without hooking up the GPS antenna and got that light pattern. Once I reconnected the GPS antenna and rebooted all was well.

phantomflyer said:
I've noticed you all have a Phantom V2 that this is happening to. I'm not sure if the LED indicators are different from Phantom to Phantom I can only comment on what that means when my Phantom Version 1.1.1 does that it means transmitter loss due to bad Tx or Rx, In my case it was the Rx!!

ttt to see if there are any solutions.
I have the same problem. I just received mine and When I go to Calibrate the compass, I get through the first step of spinning it 360 degrees but when I put it nose down and then spin it..I get slow blinking yellow lights. Please help

Hi did anyone ever come across a solution to this? I have a brand new Phantom 2 that when turning on is doing the LONG SLOW flashing yellow. The flashs are long and slow.

Most people are saying this is compass or GPS, but i can test another Phantom 2 that I have and disconnect the compass or GPS, and you get a fairly fast flashing yellow, not the same slow pattern as this error, so I don't think its the compass or the GPS.

Others say its the TX or RX, but the transmitter seems to work as I can start up the motors and control the copter...

So, what does this slow flashing yellow mean? Any ideas?

masterbeat said:
Hi did anyone ever come across a solution to this? I have a brand new Phantom 2 that when turning on is doing the LONG SLOW flashing yellow. The flashs are long and slow.

Most people are saying this is compass or GPS, but i can test another Phantom 2 that I have and disconnect the compass or GPS, and you get a fairly fast flashing yellow, not the same slow pattern as this error, so I don't think its the compass or the GPS.

Others say its the TX or RX, but the transmitter seems to work as I can start up the motors and control the copter...

So, what does this slow flashing yellow mean? Any ideas?

I'm in a similar situation. I believe I'm getting the SLOW Yellow - Ready to Fly (w/o GPS) indicator but it won't go into the GREEN Ready to Fly (w/ GPS). I get the fast yellow when the powering off the remote.

How can I troubleshoot the GPS in the assistant software? What should I look for w/ the GPS data?

Thanks!

by NICOMARCAIDA » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:31 pm

I'm having the same problem. My phantom 2 is blinking long yellows and when I try to take off the motors won't start and the light turns to 4 quick red and then back to the long yellows. I updated the firmware to 3.0 and the compass and other parameters semm to be Ok. Anyone can help?
Thanks in advance

I have had that same problem NICOMARCAIDA have you or anyone else figured out the issue?
Thanks

Open Assistant and Try to load a default configuration file, or one you had previously saved. If the NAZA data is corrupted, this seems to fix that problem.

After loading the default data, first do a basic IMU calibration. If that is successful, exit assistant, cycle battery, reload assistant and check settings on each screen.

If all good so far, do advanced IMU calibration, power down, go to clear area and do compass dance.

During that process, if there is a hard error detected by the NAZA, it should show up in Assistant.

This is like an elaborate reboot process.

Problem resolved. Replace GPS board. Just prior I had someone troubleshoot by putting in NAZA mode and was finding showing 1 green light, but could not lock in. Bought new gps board and the problem was resolved.

Reactions: Midwestquads
Yeah, My Phantom 2 version has the slow blinking yellow light. I turn it on and does a little conformation red -green but then just slow blinking lights. If I try to arm I get the 4 red blinks. In assistant software, it does not show any GPS signal. I was looking at some videos on Hard Reset by clearing out all software and putting in fresh up to date software. Says usually fixes most errors. Is there something better I should do first? Help Needed... Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj