Slow Yaw mod P2V!

Hi all,

My big day today;) gonna beeeee fitting my Yaw kit sooo fingers & toes crossed all should go ok;)

I'll keep you all posted;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: Clampit
Hi all,

Just finished my Yaw mod;) allllll goooood;)

1st soldered the switch with resistors & wire, the resistance on both resistors was 9.86, happy with that.
image.jpg

Then soldered the switch to the TX. Drilled hole and installed.
image.jpg

I fitted my switch in the middle of both stick, personal preference;) then fitted some stickers just to remind me what is On/Off.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Calibrated the TX in the RC System Assistant, then again in the Phantom Assistants.;)

Tested my new setup, phantom on desk with no props on. Fired it up, all working as it should.

Powered the unit down then tried to fire it up again with Yaw switch on, would not start. So all working as it should.;)

Only thing I did notice when I yaw to the right it did seem a bit faster they yaw to the left:eek:

This was a dummy run inside my house with no probs on not an actual flight. Test both resistors again, both were 9.86.;)

Need to take my Phantom for a proper test flight but if one way is slower I'll be happy with that.;)

I would just like to say a big thank you to J Dot for all his help & for sharing with us his mods;)

Top bloke in my eyes;)

Last edited:
I knew ya could do it !!.jpg
I knew ya could do it old sport I did !!! I can't really tell If mine does that or not as I don't have a speed gun !! ;)
Ya can"t really tell till ya get it up in the air Porky ! You will really like it and remember to cut it off before ya come in close to something cause it just don't react the same and ya might eat a bush :eek:
+1 to J Dot also !:)

Reactions: Clampit and J Dot
View attachment 21421 I knew ya could do it old sport I did !!! I can't really tell If mine does that or not as I don't have a speed gun !! ;)
Ya can"t really tell till ya get it up in the air Porky ! You will really like it and remember to cut it off before ya come in close to something cause it just don't react the same and ya might eat a bush :eek:
+1 to J Dot also !:)
I did the yaw mod a little while back , I can tell you all about trimming trees with the switch on...
The new props seem to be a little more balanced...
Wayne

Reactions: J Dot and dirkclod
just an update..
Still not tried my yaw mod update as yet:(
Weathers been good here, sunny & dry but the bloody wind won't die down

Think it's gonna be like this until the weekend. Bummer....

I did the yaw mod a little while back , I can tell you all about trimming trees with the switch on...
The new props seem to be a little more balanced...
Wayne
:D I like to come in hot and spin it around and here's what I did when I forgot to switch it off coming in the first time using it :D

No quads were hurt in this episode of Dirk's O **** moment's :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Clampit and J Dot
Went for my 1st test flight today after installing my Yaw mod.

All good but I was right:( one way is defo faster than the other not by a lot but is faster....

Didn't have much time to play but I also noticed Yaw left on video was a bit jerky not smooooooove..... I have to get the video up on here for you guys to see.

I'll do another test tomorrow.

Dirk liked your video, post above:)

Reactions: dirkclod
Went for my 1st test flight today after installing my Yaw mod.

All good but I was right:( one way is defo faster than the other not by a lot but is faster....

Didn't have much time to play but I also noticed Yaw left on video was a bit jerky not smooooooove..... I have to get the video up on here for you guys to see.

I'll do another test tomorrow.

Dirk liked your video, post above:)

Try calibrating the yaw in RC assistant, and PC assistant, may correct spin speed one way or the other?

Just a thought ( make sure you calibrate with switch OFF! )

J Dot

Try calibrating the yaw in RC assistant, and PC assistant, may correct spin speed one way or the other?

Just a thought ( make sure you calibrate with switch OFF! )

J Dot

Sorry if I sound stupid but when you say calibrate the yaw in the RC/PC assistants do you mean calibrating the sticks? If yes Ive already done that:(

Yep new Yaw switch was off:(

Need to test again today but.... Bloody windy here so don't think its gonna happen

Thanks again for ya input J Dot:) keep it coming my freind;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl