Slow Yaw mod P2V!

Hello ( djivosionfl )
Yes stock controller, or any dji controller. It is easy to do, requires soldering, I did mine in about 1/2 hour. You first have to get these items.

10k resisters ( 2 ) note must be matched pair, you'll need a multi-meter to check resistance! Find 2 alike, and recheck after soldering, as the values can change.

1 dpdt ( double pole double throw ) on-off micro or mini switch ( 6 pin )

Small wire ( yellow, & black )

Solder

Shrink wrap ( 1/8" ) yellow, black

Drill bit ( whatever size your switch is? )

Here is the best video I could find on it:
[youtube]

J Dot

J Dot,

Nice work, man! Loving all your mods so far. I've installed the CNC gimbal after you showed your aircraft. It's great.

I had a question on this mod. What kind of switch would I need if I wanted a three position mod (normal, slow, very slow) And how would you think I need to go about this? Just add an additional resistor between the unused poles and the 10K resistor? My curiosity is taking over...

Thanks as always. You're a true asset to the board and a pioneer for many of us newbies (hope not to sound cheesy, but you're doing great stuff and posting it for the rest to see).

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello Intruder101,
I looked around for a while, unfortunately these sorts of switches don't work like that, even the ( on-off-on ) switches will not work like that!
If you look at the schematics!
Basically,
SPST ( single pole single throw )
Has 2 pins on bottom , the switch makes or breaks connection between the 2 pins!

SPDT ( Single pole double throw )
Has a single row of 3 pins on bottom,
Top pin is ( A ) terminal
Center pin is common
Bottom is ( B ) terminal
Switching switch connects or disconnects ( A to B ) terminals

DPST ( double pole single throw )
Has 2 rows of 2 pins ( same as above but can do 2 circuits at once )

DPDT ( double pole double throw )
Has 2 rows of 3 pins ( also same as above, just 2 circuits at once! )

So our switch works like this:
Out input signal goes into our switch ( from sticks ) goes into CENTER 2 pins ( or C common pins ) yellow circuit 1, black circuit 2 ( hence double pole )
Now by placing our resisters across, ( C common, and ( A ) terminals )
Or top 2 posts to center 2 posts!
We create resistance in the line, now this is the funny part. On is actually off? With the switch in the OFF POSITION,( no contact between ( C and A terminal )) the input goes into the switch, but it is off, so it is forced to go through resisters, to continue its path to motherboard! Hence slow yaw!
Now when you switch ON POSITION, you create a path from ( C to A terminal ) power will find the fastest route to its destination, with the circuit connected, it goes through the switch, bypassing the resisters, hence fast or normal YAW!
So with that said,
The only options I see are these!
1) run a second switch, one with 10k resisters, other with larger resistance for slower yaw, you'll have to experiment with this, to find speed you want!
2) a dial switch, that will increase or decrease resistance, the farther, or lesser you turn the dial
( like a dimmer switch )
This way you just dial it in, find the speed you like, put a mark on the dial, you could potentially have several settings!

Sorry, but our switches won't work like that with a single switch!

Keep us posted if you tackle this project, as I'm now interested!

J Dot

Reactions: Intruder101
(hope not to sound cheesy
o_O Ya know Intruder... It ain't easy to being cheesy :D
J Dot is an asset here and if he could get more than 20 pictures in 1 post
you would be surprised at just how innovated he really is !
Be like a book ! :eek: :D

Reactions: J Dot
J Dot,

Never got round to starting my mod today, got called in to work:(:(

We had a major event on at work & had to go in to sort out the electrics. The hole site tripped out..... Ohhhhhhhhhhh:)

All sorted now, I'm on annual leave tomorrow so guess what I'm doing;);)
I'll keep you posted.

Porky:D

Porky! ( lol )

Thanks for the update, I'm working on a huge mods list with pics tutorials, links, ect. ( limited to 20 pics per post ) so doing it in installments! Will post soon in p2v mods.
As I have to break it down into sections, and complete!

Take care, have a great day
J Dot

Porky! ( lol )

Thanks for the update, I'm working on a huge mods list with pics tutorials, links, ect. ( limited to 20 pics per post ) so doing it in installments! Will post soon in p2v mods.
As I have to break it down into sections, and complete!

Take care, have a great day
J Dot

Yeah another member started the "porky" thing & it's stuck:D:D sooooo I'll keep using it;)

Reactions: dirkclod and J Dot
What a big image.jpg er:(:(

Well I soldered the resistors/wires to the switch then opened up the TX to finish off all the soldering. Right... Let's calibrate the TX now, nooooooo joy:(
Bloody thing ain't working, what the f##k....;)

Looked into it a bit further & noticed the switch that I bought was a on/on switch I did ask for a off/on switch but the young guy, still had his nappy (dyper) on with snot dribbling from his nose, looked about 4 years of age.. Said yeah mate I'll get you one, yeah the wrong one.......:eek:

Now I've got to get a on/off dpdt switch from somewhere, better start lookingo_Oo_O

Man,
I've not laughed so hard in a LONG time, had to calm down to reply, as I could not even type right, looked like this ( maan ivve nop lauigbh )! Oh man that stuff is tooooooo much!
Guess you told him! Whooo! Ok, lol.

Email me your addy, I'll send one out to you! I have about 8 left ( I think ) I definitely have 1. Lol. You are welcome to it, as I have to send some stuff Dirk's way as well!
My email is ( goldurn2 at aol. Com )

That does suck, please do not think I was laughing at your issue, that pisses me off, but rather your description of the guy, you paint a COLORFUL, picture! Lol. Man that was funny, thanks I needed that!

Your friend,
J Dot

J Dot, you're a image.jpg

Hey look you're the same colour as me now (aviator) good man;)
Yeah that's all I could do about it was laugh.... Well I can now, not at the time, snivelling little git who still had breast milk running down his chin:D

I'll ping you an email tonight after work with my details, I'll pay postage, just let me knoooooooow how much;)

You're du man good buddy:D:D

Sweet,
Wasn't Dirk, was it, sounds like something he would pull! Lol, gotta love him!

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot
DB3803A9-250F-4BD5-8B96-AC4BB65B3218_zpstiy9fdwv.jpg
blank stare.png
Ahaa yea

Reactions: J Dot and Clampit
Hello Intruder101,
I looked around for a while, unfortunately these sorts of switches don't work like that, even the ( on-off-on ) switches will not work like that!
If you look at the schematics!...

...Keep us posted if you tackle this project, as I'm now interested!

J Dot

I haven't even considered that fact. Thanks for pointing that out, saved me a ton of research.

I'll rack my brain and see what else could be done, but I am confident if it was semi obvious you would have already discovered it. Now, the RVR (dial resistor) switch sounds intriguing for practical purposes. Would give you a lot of control in an instant.
image.jpg

Last edited:
J Dot,

Just gonna send you an email;) again many thanks for your kind gesture much appreciated:):):):):)

Pink Panther,:)

I've just got a mail delivery report saying the email did not send, something to do with your end it said.....:(

Pink pig, nah that just don't sound right:D

This mod is sweet !!! I have just finished doing it and it turned out well !! My TX ended up like this inside before I secured the wires down
mod.jpg
and them I put my switch so it went up and down with up being normal yaw .
mod2.jpg
Not hard to do this as J Dot has shown but ya just have to take your time . The wire's inside the TX are small so I just clip them in the middle and fished them out where I could work with them .
I have seen some where they go faster one way than the other but not mine !!! Of course I did get mine already made up by a pro who I won't mention cause if I did I would have ta kill ya :eek: But you know already :D
I also today had the RPG off and popped the top to do some stuff and need to do an advanced IMU Cal but took this anyway just ta show ya how good it is !! I hard yawed left fast then hard yawed in slow and then did it the other way . Is sweet ;)
The only thing I will warn ya about is I like to race around and cut back quick right at the tree line , well ya better be sure you are not in slow Yaw cause if ya are ....well lets just say it don't turn around fast enough :eek:
Thanks unknown Pro !!;)

Reactions: Clampit and J Dot
Nice one dirk:D

All working as it should then, good man;) when I get mine up & running I'll see if I can do a short vid like yours, just need to get the YouTube thing under my belt:)

Reactions: dirkclod
Nice one dirk:D

All working as it should then, good man;) when I get mine up & running I'll see if I can do a short vid like yours, just need to get the YouTube thing under my belt:)
I do both but like Vimeo now I have the RPG cause I don't need the stabilizer .

I do both but like Vimeo now I have the RPG cause I don't need the stabilizer .

Soooo dirk do I take it Vimeo is better than YouTube;)

Is it freeeeee or do you have to pay a subscription? :)

Here we goooooo again more questions, sorry....:p

Soooo dirk do I take it Vimeo is better than YouTube;)

Is it freeeeee or do you have to pay a subscription? :)

Here we goooooo again more questions, sorry....:p
facepalm.jpg
:D Just kidding ;)
No sorry needed in here porky !!!!! It's free to a point . When ya start getting over a certain amount of stuff on there you can buy more space or you can delete something and use that space . It's not much and it comes out of my Paypal every 3 months but I do like it better than the tube . They are a little more lenient to the music than the other as far as it saying anything about copyright infringements .
They are not hit as bad as you tube . Look at it and you will see . I used the tube mostly cause it has the stabilizer . They have added some new features to Vimeo now but have not had a chance to look at it . Just start an account and you will see !!!! :)
tip jar.png
:p
;)

Added / You do know the Porky name is just because of your avatar ..right ? o_O

Reactions: Clampit

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member