Slow to engage motors

Reaction score
Yesterday and today Ive been having a issue.
Plug Battery in. Wait for GPS to lock. All green. Push controls on TX down an inward. No start. Have to do it several times and it finally starts.

Thoughts and fixes?

The other issue I have been having in GPS and Atti mode. Flying smooth then for no reason it throttles up for a second. Makes for jerky flying. It doesn't do it all the time.

Thoughts on that one please. :mrgreen:

Audaciter said:
How long have the batteries been in your radio ? And are they good ones ?

The TX will BEEP if the battery voltage drops below 4 volts.

Audaciter said:
How long have the batteries been in your radio ? And are they good ones ?
Hey, been off the grid most if the day. I thought that might be the issue. No warning beeps but changed them anyway. No change.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like an issue with the transmitter. Does the speed only seem to glitch when you move the throttle stick ?

The stock radio components aren't the best, and it could be developing carbon deposits in the throttle gimbal assembly.
You could get some electronics cleaner spray, and clean it out.

I don't think it's a transmitter problem. If you perform the CSC (try to start) you normally see 4 (or so) fast green blinks.
If you see these blinks, the receiver has received the sticks input, so no problem on receiver and transmitter side.

My phantom has the same problem, but maybe a little different ( described here: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1546&start=10 )
The solution for me is advanced or basic calibration. After that it will start immediately. The day after that it will start a little later, just like you're problem. A few day's later it will start difficult, i even have to repower the phantom a few times, and/or switch from gps-atti-gps and then it magically starts. But after 5-7 day's it won't start at all and i have to calibrate again in NAZA. It sucks, specially when you're not at home and want to fly, but it works.

Good luck and let me know how it works out for you.

Thanks. I was going to do all the above but flew first. Now I can't make it not start.
Must have known I was taking it to the doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik