Slow Pitch Camera Switch (how-to video)

Im pretty sure you cant change the gains for the gimbal that comes with the p2v+ hense why this guy has made the mod,correct me if im wrong!! the new tx tilt wheel is very quick and gerky for my liking i much prefer the function on the vision app a lot more responsive and fluid.

If you'll do the sticks calibration in the Phantom RC assistant software and while you're still in the calibration mode and after you've done the sticks do the gimbal before finishing, you'll have all the control you need on the speed of the gimbal. I was hating the jerkiness of it too cause I wanted the smooth pan of a slow tilt on the gimbal so I kept playing with the sticks calibration and discovered this. Give it a try.
And by the way I really like my Yaw mod switch. Gives great control for horizontal panning.

ELHEAPO said:
Im pretty sure you cant change the gains for the gimbal that comes with the p2v+ hense why this guy has made the mod,correct me if im wrong!! the new tx tilt wheel is very quick and gerky for my liking i much prefer the function on the vision app a lot more responsive and fluid.

I just don't see the issue. Mine is smooth and slow, or smooth and fast. The tilt wheel, properly calibrated, obviates the need for a slow/fast switch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwmxrXTa5rU[/youtube]

Idem, I don't see why you need this mod. The wheel with the new remote controller allows you to adjust the speed.
Here a video-test with Pv2+ V2 and the new remote controller:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgcbb0aJ_AU[/youtube]

MacCool said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the gain on the gimbal control wheel is adjustable isn't it? So it would be possible to just change the rate of gimbal tilt in Phantom Assistant? Granted, it's not dual rate.
Thats what I was thinking. I'm going to try it before doing mods.

dalebb said:
MacCool said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the gain on the gimbal control wheel is adjustable isn't it? So it would be possible to just change the rate of gimbal tilt in Phantom Assistant? Granted, it's not dual rate.
Thats what I was thinking. I'm going to try it before doing mods.
If you move the control wheel just a little, up or down, the camera moves very slowly, up or down. Move the wheel to the max throw, the camera tilts up or down fast. It you let the wheel go and return to center, the camera stay exactly where it was last pointed in the vertical axis. Camera tilt is infinitely proportional, its speed of movement is entirely dependent on how much you move the wheel.

At least...mine is.

I'm thinking you folks have to think of the other folks who can't move the wheel smoothly to manipulate how fast and slow the gimbal moves up and down. With this mod it will be more forgiving for them. That is my guess anyways.

How hard is it to move your finger a little? If you can't move your finger a little , hoe are you flying ? Very easy to do.

Jpooner808 said:
I'm thinking you folks have to think of the other folks who can't move the wheel smoothly to manipulate how fast and slow the gimbal moves up and down. With this mod it will be more forgiving for them. That is my guess anyways.

Then i hope they don't have a drivers license.

I don't see the need of the mod anyway.
Yes you have to consider a lot of stuff when flying also being gentle on some stick movements so this movement isn't any different.

I see it as a benefit, others may not. I chose to do the mod, others may not. Some are more comfortable flying slow panning shots with the mod. Others are able to do it either way. (Been flying RC heli's for over 30yrs so my control is spot on) its personal preference. Suprised at some of the negative posts for sure.

I really don't see the post as negative. Are you sure your wheel is calibrated ? It moves very slow and easy if you want it too.

I flew it calibrated without the mod (fully calibrated) and with. For my style, it's much easier to flip a switch and have more precise control. Again, that's me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20