Slow Pitch Camera Switch (how-to video)

Wow. That is a great modification. It's also a very well done video. Clear and easy to follow. Nicely done.

(The background music could use some work tho ;-) - why not some classical?)

smokiespliff said:
Seems handy for those who have the new controller.
Well you got my vote for best mod video for 2014. That was really well done and I don't even have the new controller.... Can't wait to see your next offering.

RichWest said:
Well you got my vote for best mod video for 2014. That was really well done and I don't even have the new controller.... Can't wait to see your next offering.

Hehe, just to be clear, it's not me that made it but a friend of mine, Peter. I haven't seen him about these parts yet but I'll pass on your comments to him! :D

totally brilliant is using just one resistor on a single pole switch on the common wire an option would you know??

all these tranny mods out there are doing my head in, I now want the new tranny, with the slow yaw and slow tilt mods, and the mod with the PS3 controller board aswell with buttons on the back of the tranny for camera and radar controls. :shock:

and then I would like all the battery mod options aswell, and the quick connect gimbal conversion! for the cost involved I might aswell just sell up and get an inspire once any teething troubles are ironed out. :mrgreen:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the gain on the gimbal control wheel is adjustable isn't it? So it would be possible to just change the rate of gimbal tilt in Phantom Assistant? Granted, it's not dual rate.

It's a clever mod and an excellent demo video, but after playing around with the gimbal gain settings, I'm not sure I see the value. The wheel potentiometer itself allows multiple speeds of gimbal transition, and if you want an even narrower range with slower movement you can just decrease the gain on that channel.

Agreed, I but I like being able to flip a switch rather than hook up to pc and change.

Was trying a new maneuver tilting the camera down as I approached and then yaw 180, then tilt vertical as a I flew out. (...not sure that made sense) A third hand would have been helpful. This makes me have more interest in the new controller with this ability. Just like the yaw mod did for me, can't live without it now.

Thanks to Spliff for bringing Peter to the party. That's the first time that's ever been said... :ugeek:

srchadwi said:
How do you change the gimbal gain setting in the software?
gimbalgain.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4