Slow news day?

Reaction score
So...today at work, I open my Washington Post Express, and see in print, the following news article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...3c9b8e-6cee-11e4-bafd-6598192a448d_story.html

They are obviously talking about a Phantom.
But, this is in the mainstream Washington D.C. news?!
I think it shows how ignorant the public is about quads, that this is in the news at all.
It almost reads like a spoof news article.
Copied below from above link:

LOUISVILLE, Colo. — A Louisville man is searching a possible crash zone after his $1,000 drone went missing three months ago.
Chad Little has mapped out the area where he believes it disappeared and is asking for help finding it.
Little only had the drone for a few days when he took it out for a flight on Aug. 8 above open space near the Louisville Reservoir.
It was programmed to come back but it took off instead.
According to the Boulder Daily Camera (http://tinyurl.com/k34ha7t ), the company that makes the drone sent Little a new model because of similar complaints but he would rather have his old drone because it was equipped with a special camera.

There's a topic about this here somewhere. Maybe the guy who lost it is a member of this site? Lol

It actually got a 30 second spot on the local Denver TV news... However I did not think it was a DJI since it was replaced and that is good customer service.

eyecon82 said:
Dang, dji replaced his lost quad?

There are many stories on this forum and RCGroups.com and other sites that Amazon and B&H Photo will send you a free replacement Phantom if you simply email them and tell them that the original unit you ordered "malfunctioned and flew away or crashed".

I'm still perplexed why so many people buy Phantoms from smaller online retailers like Hobby King and Helipal when those retailers won't cover the cost of a catastrophic crash or lost fly-away unless you purchase very pricey warranty coverage, and even then they will try to fight the claim.

Amazon and B&H Photo are very wealthy companies that can afford to issue a $1,000 replacement toy to their customers without hesitation in order to keep them loyal and KEEP BUYING THEIR STUFF. :p I return about 20% of everything I buy at Wal-Mart but they never give me a hassle because they want to keep on getting that 80% of my business for years and years and years! :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.