Slow Motors

Ala

Reaction score
The two port motors on my Phantom are running slower than the other pair. This results in the aircraft flipping over on start up. I have had a minor crash, which is when the problem started. Are new motors the only solution or is there something else I can try? :?:

Ala said:
The two port motors on my Phantom are running slower than the other pair. This results in the aircraft flipping over on start up. I have had a minor crash, which is when the problem started. Are new motors the only solution or is there something else I can try? :?:

very odd to hear. even if the motor was running slower the Phantom should correct for it. (when you spin them by hand do they sound ok?).

what most likely occurred (especially if you're seeing something other than a single green blink on your PHantom) was that the crash knocked things out of whack and you simply need to run the NAZA assistant software on a PC, connect your Phantom up to it and do the Basic or Advanced IMU Calibration and you should be back in business.

I have found that if I lift off to slowly I have the same problem. Just give it more power and it will correct itself.

diggingit111 said:
I have found that if I lift off to slowly I have the same problem. Just give it more power and it will correct itself.

Make sure you lift off in ATTI mode only.

Also: may be the esc is broken. Try spinning the all motors by hand and see if they all feel the same. Try running the motor slowly without the props but with the cone nuts and see if any nut wobbles which indicates the bent motor shaft(s).

Thanks for the help. I recalibrated the IMU to fix part of the problem and then I hit the base of the drone hard with the handle of a screwdriver to re-set the flight controller and get rid of the Error 27, as recommended in another thread here. The drone now works perfectly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31