Slow Descend

Reaction score
Hi guys !
Today i noticed my p2v+ is very very slow descending from high altitudes.
I switched to atti but didn't noticed any difference.
I've got the latest firmware on it. Any advise ?

Thanks

gilmbento said:

Unfortunately it is very slow to descend with the latest firmware. That is the primary reason I still run 3.0.

Dirty Bird said:
gilmbento said:

Unfortunately it is very slow to descend with the latest firmware. That is the primary reason I still run 3.0.

That sucks ! Even Atti is the same….

Detroit said:
I believe you can downgrade to version 3.0 or lower if you like.

What are the major differences from 3.0 to the latest firmware?
Any cons?

Not sure to much about 3.0 because I always ran 2.0. 3.0 added the restrictions around airports and Im not sure what else

phantomguy said:
I'm running 3.04 and descent speed in Atti is about 7mph or higher vs 4.5mph in GPS mode.

That's alright ! I don't notice any difference in mine

Dirty Bird said:
gilmbento said:

I wonder if any advanced flyers have successfully used a technique of switching into Manual mode to rapidly descend from high altitude and switch back into GPS mode at around 200 feet to recover, then land under an optimal control rate? Feasible?

Before this firmware update with the low speed desend I have been descending pushing the stick down for 2 seconds or so then letting it go to center and repeating the procedure until I land the bird, but now It takes an eternity to land doing it this way , is there a risk to keep pushing the stick down for more time? Because im afraid to shutdown the motors in mid air , because thats the way I shutdown the motors once the phantom has landed (keeping the stick down for about 4 seconds) :?

I'm sure most of you highly intelligible pilots already know that VRS is a very ugly thing. There's a reason that sheer vertical descent is done at a SLOW pace, especially behind a real set of rotors.

Here's a challenge to all of you who complain about slow descent. Add carbon fiber props to your P2V+ and descend as fast as 3.04 will let you. Then you will understand.

Hint, VRS is what dropped the bird that was carrying the Seals who captured Bin Laden.

tch1972 said:
I'm sure most of you highly intelligible pilots already know that VRS is a very ugly thing. There's a reason that sheer vertical descent is done at a SLOW pace, especially behind a real set of rotors.

Here's a challenge to all of you who complain about slow descent. Add carbon fiber props to your P2V+ and descend as fast as 3.04 will let you. Then you will understand.
Thank you. With the frequent recommendations to revert back to earlier software with a higher rate of descent, I was beginning to wonder if anyone recognized that relationship.

I am new to the PV2+ and RC in general. I am only going up to 150'-200' for a while until I have several flights under my belt and gain some confidence in the aircraft. Is the slower descent rate safer? This is an Honest question as I truly do not know the answer

Slow vertical descent is not only safer, it is critical. Typically while descending, it is best to also be moving forward, backward, left or right to avoid VRS

Thanks so much. I am going to be using the latest firmware update so I am assuming it will be making the slow descents which is fine with me. I have no need for speed as I am only interested in quality video and photos and enjoy the flying experience as well. Most will call me a wus but I would like to have this thing for a long while so slow is more my speed.

kymedic121 said:
Thanks so much. I am going to be using the latest firmware update so I am assuming it will be making the slow descents which is fine with me. I have no need for speed as I am only interested in quality video and photos and enjoy the flying experience as well. Most will call me a wus but I would like to have this thing for a long while so slow is more my speed.

Don't worry about anyone that criticizes slow descent with rotors or is overzealous about achieving record breaking descent speeds. They will learn in time.

tch1972 said:
kymedic121 said:

Don't worry about anyone that criticizes slow descent with rotors or is overzealous about achieving record breaking descent speeds. They will learn in time.

Hummm… i get the point !
It's better to have one slow descent phantom than a fast descent phantom in multiple pieces! :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20