Slow card reader.

Reaction score
Occasionally when flying the message "slow card reader" appears for an instant on my FPV screen. I did a search of the site and didn't really find anything. Can any of you tell me what is going on? Thanks.

Occasionally when flying the message "slow card reader" appears for an instant on my FPV screen. I did a search of the site and didn't really find anything. Can any of you tell me what is going on? Thanks.
What class is your sd card?

What class is your sd card?
Well now my ignorance is really going to show. I had no idea sd cards were classed. How do you tell what class they are? The only numbers on the card are the gb's and a 10 inside of a C. So I guess that means class 10. Is that sufficient for the purpose?

Last edited:
Look for the C with the number inside. Class 6 is minimum for the phantom.
Try using the DJI app and formatting the card via the app.
If that fails, download from the android play store an app call SD insight and insert the card into your phone. This will validate the card manufacturer and legitimate size. My card had writing issues and the app said the card was a fake. Lost all my footage.

Just because it's a class 10 doesn't tell how fast a card can read/write. Some manufactures post the read/write speeds on the cards but micro cards that's little hard to do. So what it boils to down to some class 10 cards while other are extremely fast. If the read/write speeds are not posted research the manufacture specs online by type of card SD/SDHC/SDXC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.