Slow blinking yellow light

Reaction score
So I have calibrated my compass and these values look good in the assistant software as well as the gyroscope and accelerometer values but when trying to start to fly in GPS mode it will only give me a slow blinking yellow light. Am I missing something simple to allow the GPS to work?? Any ideas?

make sure your top levers are all the way up on your joystick. You can always try turning the phantom off then back on again and see if that works.

drunner225 said:
So I have calibrated my compass and these values look good in the assistant software as well as the gyroscope and accelerometer values but when trying to start to fly in GPS mode it will only give me a slow blinking yellow light. Am I missing something simple to allow the GPS to work?? Any ideas?

How long are you waiting? sometimes it takes 30-60s to locate the GPS and turn green.

Are you near any structures (house, buildings, etc.?). Depending on surrounding conditions it can sometimes take a while to acquire sufficient satellites. While in the assistant software did you activate "advanced user" mode? If so, is your right S switch all the up (in GPS mode)?

In my back yard - it can sit for an hour, and never gets GPS lock. Move it to the front yard and it locks in about 30 seconds.
Look for barriers between the Phantom and the sky. A building or even treeline can block that satellite signal...

I have been trying to get the GPS signal in large open field, S1 switch is on GPS mode, and I have waited for up to 5 minutes with no changes. I talked with someone at Dronefly who suggested I fly it up a little ways to see if it is able to connect then. Still not sure what to do at this point.

drunner225 said:
I have been trying to get the GPS signal in large open field, S1 switch is on GPS mode, and I have waited for up to 5 minutes with no changes. I talked with someone at Dronefly who suggested I fly it up a little ways to see if it is able to connect then. Still not sure what to do at this point.
Sounds like perhaps a technical fault. I'd use a smart phone to ascertain a GPS signal is available, and/or try a different location. If still nothing, talk to DJI for advice, perhaps the GPS sensor connections are loose, or faulty.

If you don't mind carefully unscrewing the body, you could check the GPS plug is firmly seated yourself. Looks like it's easy enough to check as it's the only thing which holds the top body section to the bottom. Check this video around 1:28 for help: https://vimeo.com/82325586

I crashed my Phantom 2 because I didn't calibrate often enough. It looks fine, nothing broken. Just dirty props. But now it only slowly blinks yellow. If I turn off the remote controller it will blink yellow fast. The motors turn fine when I almost take off. I don't fly it because I want to calibrate.
I connected it to my Mac after I downloaded the Nazam app but it does nothing. Help?

JPSLV said:
If I turn off the remote controller it will blink yellow fast. The motors turn fine when I almost take off. I don't fly it because I want to calibrate.

Yep, that rapid yellow flashing light is saying "Hey *******, you turned off the transmitter", which is a very rude way for a Phantom to speak, but they're Chinese, so it could be a cultural thing. I try not to judge...

Have you tried doing the compass dance?

Yep, that rapid yellow flashing light is saying "Hey *******, you turned off the transmitter", which is a very rude way for a Phantom to speak, but they're Chinese, so it could be a cultural thing. I try not to judge...

Have you tried doing the compass dance?[/quote]

It blinks yellow slow. Can't do anything else. But I can turn off the remote controller.... blinks yellow fast because... it's off. OK. Thx I knew that

JPSLV said:
It blinks yellow slow. Can't do anything else. But I can turn off the remote controller.... blinks yellow fast because... it's off. OK. Thx I knew that

I'm still guessing you've got a compass issue of some type. Are you able to flip the S1 switch and calibrate the compass?

CarlJ said:
JPSLV said:

I'm still guessing you've got a compass issue of some type. Are you able to flip the S1 switch and calibrate the compass?

noooo

JPSLV said:
CarlJ said:
JPSLV said:

noooo

You need to check your compass connection.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj