Slight Tilt Tonight

Reaction score
Good evening everyone, I just want to first day a big thank you. There has been some amazing info in this group and it has helped my flying immensely.

Ok so here is what happened tonight. Took my p3p out for an evening fly by the beach and the theatre by the beach etc. for some awesome views etc.

There were some high winds but nothing out of the realm of what is safe to fly in etc.

Brought the bird up everything was perfect at the start but started noticing a slight tilt to the left. As if the bird was leaning. Brought it home and flew it again and it seemed to be corrected. Followed all pre flight procedures etc everything seemed to be fine but that concerned me as I have never seen that before.

Any thoughts? Was it just the winds and the bird compensating for it?

Thanks so much in advance.

Good evening everyone, I just want to first day a big thank you. There has been some amazing info in this group and it has helped my flying immensely.

Ok so here is what happened tonight. Took my p3p out for an evening fly by the beach and the theatre by the beach etc. for some awesome views etc.

There were some high winds but nothing out of the realm of what is safe to fly in etc.

Brought the bird up everything was perfect at the start but started noticing a slight tilt to the left. As if the bird was leaning. Brought it home and flew it again and it seemed to be corrected. Followed all pre flight procedures etc everything seemed to be fine but that concerned me as I have never seen that before.

Any thoughts? Was it just the winds and the bird compensating for it?

Thanks so much in advance.
I had some of the same experience flying on the coast in Texas. The wind got up to about 20 mph and the phantom would drift when I tried to bring it back-- IOW facing me-- I could push the stick forward and it would drift left trying to fly back to me because the wind was a cross wind. Finally hit RTH and it came back-- compensating for the cross winds. I believe it was all wind induced.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4