Slight crash - worth repairing?

Reaction score
This past weekend I had my first interaction with a tree after 1-1/2 years of flying "crash free".

There was some stress damage to one of the "struts" and now the blade rubs on the body on that arm.

I believe everything else is still working ok. I have no idea on the process but would it be worthwhile to send it in for a repair and what might that cost?

My other thought is to part it out and then buy a P4P...

Any ideas?

Thanks

See, that's why UAV pilots form 2 groups, those who have crashed the bird, and those who haven't crashed it yet. We both belong to the 1st group :)
If you're confident all rest functions well, my suggestion is not to part out the bird, but replace the shell body, it will cost you around 50-60 $.

Any cracks?
If no cracks, use a heat gun and bend back.

Frame change is pretty easy. The hardest part is actually having enough fingers to keep the split shell apart. I used playing cards and guitar picks to stop it from clicking back together. Make sure you have the correct torx screw driver and careful not to strip. And inspect what damage to see if you need top shell/bottom shell or both.
It will take about 2hrs from go to woe.

And like everyone said, take photos and notes. My first shell swap was a P3Adv. I forgot to reconnect the VPS fan inside the module. So trippple check your work.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31