slight "click" sound when flipping P2 over - FOUND!

Reaction score
Hey there folks, sort of an odd question. I just finished installing the anti-interference board that DJI supplies inside my P2. I had to take the top shell off to do this. I was extremely careful.

Now, I've put everything back together, and I notice that when I flip the P2 upside down, I hear a slight "click" sound, as if there's a tiny loose screw that was sitting on the bottom of the shell and then fell onto the underside of the top shell when I flipped the P2 over. I'm quite sure I did not leave any screws inside the shell when I put everything back together, and I was careful not to leave anything loose.

So this is a really silly request, but...can anyone do me the favour of holding their Phantom in their hands, then quickly flip it upside down, and tell me if you hear anything? If you do, then at least I know this is a normal sound, and not to worry. :oops:

Re: slight "click" sound when flipping P2 over

Its not normal. Open and find the loose 'thing'!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Do u havr gimbal? Can be retention pin sounds.

It COULD potentially be a small ball of solder that has come away from a badly made joint. This could have very bad consequences should it become lodged between to contact points !

I would crack open your Phantom shell asap and locate what it rattling around! I would also visually check all solder joints to make sure nothing has come away from any PCB or any joint looks grey or dull. If it does - remake that joint.

yeah, i wouldn't do any flying without figuring out exactly what that is

Thanks everyone. I bit the bullet and opened up the shell again, and I still couldn't figure it out! Finally, though, after much experimental flipping it upside down and back again, I discovered the source of the click. Check it out:

LxBEY0K.jpg

Here's another view of the same part, photoed from inside the battery compartment:

0E34khp.jpg

It's the bind button/light, which is slightly "loose" and has a millimeter or less of "play". When I flip the P2 over, the button kind of "falls" a little tiny bit with gravity, and the lip of it "clicks" against the entry edge of the plastic tunnel that it protrudes through.

I'm not sure if it's normal (do you folks hear the same thing if you flip your P2 upside down in your hands in a very quiet room?), but I'm guessing it's not a flight issue, so I think I'll just leave it alone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl