skyreat gimble guard?

Reaction score
so purchased a Skyreat gimble guard, slotted it in place and looks great haven't zip tied it in place yet as i thought id ask anyone's experience??

I don't plan on zipping it up tight as to allow some leg flex still, But i have read that some people experince altitude problems after installing a guard however that seems to be more on Phantom 4's

Any input before i zip this up would be great.

Darren

I've had mine on for over a year with no problems. Also have metal clips in the gimble mount in the other two holes that don't have the plastic pins in them and have never had a problem with the compass or any calibrations. Also have the aluminum gimble guard by Killer RC on the actual gimble itself and like I said, no problems ever... This is on a Phantom3 Advanced.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

I've had mine on for over a year with no problems. Also have metal clips in the gimble mount in the other two holes that don't have the plastic pins in them and have never had a problem with the compass or any calibrations. Also have the aluminum gimble guard by Killer RC on the actual gimble itself and like I said, no problems ever... This is on a Phantom3 Advanced.

Might give it a bash then lol. Looks to me you can actually use it without zip ties? It slots in nicely.

Might give it a bash then lol. Looks to me you can actually use it without zip ties? It slots in nicely.
Oh yeah, forgot to say that I have mine installed without the zip ties too. It fits in snug so figured no need for them.

Would like to see a pic of your setup with all the protection peices in place you mentioned.

Oh yeah, forgot to say that I have mine installed without the zip ties too. It fits in snug so figured no need for them.

I zip tied mine , I really don't want it to break away , I want it to stay there. If I break a leg (s) so be it , less expensive then the Gimbal & Camera .
Not sure how well it will protect them , but better then nothing .

Reactions: dimigoul
I zip tied mine , I really don't want it to break away , I want it to stay there. If I break a leg (s) so be it , less expensive then the Gimbal & Camera .
Not sure how well it will protect them , but better then nothing .

If you are using the skyreat one like I am and also like ronnwilson69 then I don't believe the zip ties are a necessity. I say this only because to
Install
It you need to slightly pull apart the legs so when it's installed unless the legs become spread then it can't fall out.

DSCN2756.JPG
Have you ever crashed ?

I zip tied mine. I could just see it coming back from a flight and the gimbal guard would be gone. That'd be my luck.

No I can see it, but what am I looking at lol.

I can see the bottom of your landing gear and your gimble guard + landing extensions zipped on. But what's the other white peice in the photo?

P.s that a Electra glide in your profile pic :) ?

This is abs plastic that I cut,heated and formed. It works like a snowshoe, and stiffens the landing gear quite a bit.
DSCN0261.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0261.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCN0261.jpg

Reactions: Dazzauk
This is abs plastic that I cut,heated and formed. It works like a snowshoe, and stiffens the landing gear quite a bit.
DSCN0261.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0261.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCN0261.jpg

Good job bro. Just bear in mind you still need some flex on the landing gear to
Absorb landing impact.

No I can see it, but what am I looking at lol.

I can see the bottom of your landing gear and your gimble guard + landing extensions zipped on. But what's the other white peice in the photo?

P.s that a Electra glide in your profile pic :) ?

That white thing is a cut piece of Carbon Arrow Shaft , cut down to fit between the Prop guards , where the sting eyelets are . Not attached in anyway but fitment between the guards .

2003 Ultra Classic

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik