Skypixel

Is it normal for submitted videos to be 'pending' (moderation?) for several days?
I put a few on but really don't care much for their small print about granting them use for evermore - and they are still not viewable except by me 4 days on.
It seems a bit dead so far and difficult to find anything.
I searched for 'landscape' tag - no results...

My videos and photos posted to Skypixel in less than 5 minutes. Do you have a profile page there? If not, then set one up and post your media on your profile page.

steele9999 said:

Love the Battleship TEXAS!! Any problems with Texas Parks and Wildlife folks? I haven't found anything about flying in state parks being against the rules, only national parks so I'm curious if they tried to give you guff? I'm thinking about heading to Lost Maples to do some flying, just wasn't sure how TP&W would like that!!

aggiesrwe03 said:
steele9999 said:

Love the Battleship TEXAS!! Any problems with Texas Parks and Wildlife folks? I haven't found anything about flying in state parks being against the rules, only national parks so I'm curious if they tried to give you guff? I'm thinking about heading to Lost Maples to do some flying, just wasn't sure how TP&W would like that!!

I don't really know what Texas State Park rules exist at this time. When I shot the Texas it was with permission of the Battleship Texas Foundation. It was the day of its Centennial celebration in March 15, 2014. Unfortunately, I only had a Phantom v1.1 without a gimbal at the time. I would have loved to have had my P2V+ at the time.

I am going to allow this one thread for Skypixel profile links. If you want to post one do it here as others topics will be locked to keep the continuity. ;)

What's happened to Skypixel?
I joined soon after this thread started 21/9 but my pix are all still pending.
The latest photos on their page haven't changed in that time.

Below each picture or video is a number which seems to be some kind of rating?
So does someone actually sit and watch everything uploaded and rate it?
Most videos uploaded are not show to have any views and I don't see a way for viewers to rate other than 'likes' - which they can't have with no views!

Skypixel is getting their act together gradually. Lots of pictures and videos coming in now.
Still an issue with inappropriate thumbnail image shapes and big images needing to be seen at Full Screen to display clearly.
The big number below each picture is a score that’s computer calculated based on the number of Views, Likes, Faves, and some other factors. The more popular your content, the higher the score.

Which is a good opportunity for a shameless plug for the pix I have put up there.
http://www.skypixel.com/user/meta4/photos

I am waiting after two days still.
But, what I would really like to know is, how can I have 86 "like"s already and not one of my uploads cleared for public view!!!!!
What are they liking when pushing the "like" button and have never seen any pics or videos?????
This looked good at first but now I wonder if it is going to be a waste of my time...... :(

Got my uploads approved within two days so all is well, thanks!
I wonder, is that map on the home page for real?, and if it is, how can we get members around the Great Lakes / Canada to show up....

What turned me off was that videos that were stunningly sublime rated 93.5, while tragically horrible videos would rate a 91.5. :roll:

Also, sent them an email two weeks ago with no reply yet.

Great idea but poor execution.

Skypixel are in the final round of their completely retarded "competition" where three members were chosen at random and some randomly chosen pics were voted on. The winner gets another of his pics chosen and put up against one from one of their "Experts".
If the challenger wins more votes he gets a free Inspire and becomes an Expert himself.

Maybe that's how they chose their experts originally. Some of them display no expertise at all.
Skypixel is sinking deeper each week. Very few photos of any quality are submitted and most of what is on display are junk.
Hard to believe DJI set this up to be inspirational. It's a dismal failure.

Skypixel - show us you are worthy.

What turned me off was that videos that were stunningly sublime rated 93.5, while tragically horrible videos would rate a 91.5. :roll:

Also, sent them an email two weeks ago with no reply yet.

Great idea but poor execution.
Do you actually know how that rating system works? I saw that number pop up on mine, and wasn't sure what it was, or if it was a rating, how that number has been come to...

Mine I think you would put in the "horrible" category...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers