skylark tiny osd

Reaction score
I'd like to order the skylark tiny osd but the power for it (5v)is supposed to come from the Phantom receiver - does anyone know where on the receiver I would get the 5v?

Thanks,
John

I ordered a Castle Creations BEC that drops 12v to 5, spliced that into the gray/red extra power that I use to power my camera and TX. Just got it working today and it's great, not difficult to install, except the current sensor is a bit of a sqeeze to get inside, the rest of the stuff is outside.

I believe from your stock 2200 mah balance lead you have 5v, 9v, and 11+v respectively. Take out your trusty multimeter and put your black lead on the one white cable and then red lead on each grey lead one at a time to see the different voltage output measured. I believe you can get your 5v from there if I remember correctly... Good luck!

I didn't have any info on finding the unused ports of the RX, so used the BEC. The Tiny OSD is fantastic! I use the "simple" mode because it seems clearer and less cluttered. You get speed, altitude (very accurate), satellites, mAh used, current, voltage, distance and direction home - everything I need and costs a lot less than the DJI osd that shows less. Highly recommended.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-tvdic ... edit?pli=1

Blown454 said:
I believe from your stock 2200 mah balance lead you have 5v, 9v, and 11+v respectively. Take out your trusty multimeter and put your black lead on the one white cable and then red lead on each grey lead one at a time to see the different voltage output measured. I believe you can get your 5v from there if I remember correctly... Good luck!

It is not recommended tapping the power from part of the pack for other use.
Yes, you can get 1, 2 or full 3 cell power from the balance lead but if you choose 1 or 2 cell power, then the chance is that the add-on accessories will pull the power from the same 1 to 2 cell at all time while the third cell will always carries less load. This posts the problem in charging the whole pack later because the 1 or 2 cells are being used more than the third one. Yes you can always balance the whole pack, but it is better not to and use the BEC instead.
Just the thought. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr