Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Skip 1.1.9?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Gangapat, May 29, 2015.

1. Gangapat

It's coming today!
    My big question is whether I should just wait for the next firmware update given all the disconnect bugs? I don't mind it disconnecting for the app cuz I've been flying UAVs for a while and I'm a bit of an old school flyer who likes to keep the rig in visual line of site. But these rumours of it disconnecting from the RC really scare me. Should I just wait till 1.2.0? I'll be running this with a Nex7ii.
    Thx

2. WalkaboutSean

I flew my P3 with 1.1.9 firmware today, using my Nexus 7 ii, with no problems.

3. caffeinated

I flew with 1.1.9. Didn't have a baseline to compare against, but it flew wonderfully. Other than my own ineptitude of course, the phantom itself was great.

4. isopro

I noticed on nexus 7 II , i started getting lag spikes when in flight every 3 seconds, if im at home, not flying i don't get any but in flight i do, exactly every 3 seconds the screen lag for .5 sec and come back to normal for 3 sec, do you nexus 7 II guys get that also ?

5. Chris P Duck

My P3A arrived on Tuesday and to my surprise already had 1.1.9 on it. So you may not get a choice.
    That said I've had a fair few flights now and have experienced no problems at all.

6. sdharris

I've not had any issues with 1.1.9. You get the reports of problems with any update, quadcopter related or not so I wouldn't necessarily skip an update.

7. Gangapat

Well it turns out that it shipped with 1.19 so I guess I'll find out!

8. BobUnplugged

It is my understanding that you cannot "skip" updates. In other words, you will not be able to install the NEXT update until you update your Phantom with 1.9.

9. ctp

ctp

The only times I have had disconnections are when I don't turn off wifi on my Nexus9. RTH has kicked in twice. The first time I watched it RTH almost to landing and was very happy with the performance. The second time I turned off wifi, cancelled RTH and continued my flight. That was on 1.1.8.

It's not a P2, don't treat it like one.

10. Skyy

No disconnections so far nor other bugs with this new firmware (or older). Also you have the failsafe options (RTH or landing) if you lose RC signal. I recommend RTH with a proper height setting. No need to "skip" a firmware (you will have to install it before the next firmaware anyhow).

11. azzo

Mine was shipped with 1.1.5, I upgraded to 1.1.9 directly.

12. bobvumd

Mine is 1.1.9, using Nexus 7 (2013), DJI Pilot 1.1.0
    No problem whatsoever :)