Skies full of drones

Good One, I hadn't figured out how to use the UFO thing yet!

Even though I commented I've never seen someone last week. The first time since I've had my drone I came across an inspire owner today whilst out flying

While filming a surf ski race at Emmarentia, I spotted this Inspire lurking above me. Really messed with my flying knowing there is another quad in the sky somewhere. I had been invited by the organisers to film the event, and I know for sure that they knew nothing about the Inspire.
Really not clever and very dangerous !

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You need to get good at After Effects so you can clone out these little annoyances. Us still photographers have been dealing with this for years.

Reactions: Yeager74
After I bought mine, I found a guy around the corner from me has an inspire and a guy 4 houses down from him has a p2v, then a guy a work has several small ones

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've only seen mine in person, I know of a couple friends who have drones but I've only seen the videos, never seen them fly them... after I got mine just recently and hearing how it sounds in person, I'm pretty sure I heard someone fly theirs around my community right after the holidays... probably Christmas present lol

Aliens have Phantoms?
<Gasp> You mean... they fly long distance???? They don't fly VLOS????? What will the FAA say?????

You need to get good at After Effects so you can clone out these little annoyances. Us still photographers have been dealing with this for years.
I am not worried about it being in my footage. I am worried about flying in the same airspace unannounced and without communication, over a public event.

Last edited:
Once when I went to the beach. I just got mine about a month ago though. I'm sure they fly often here in the California beaches.

I saw one at a local fireworks display last July 4. Other than that, just mine.

I caught this video of one flying around, but alas....that was mine too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Amazing you find time to fly with all the mowing you do, getting ready to be that way here also with early spring and all the rain we have had. Usually take my wife (on mower) and I (on weed eater) about 8 hours to get whole thing done.

Florida Power & Light is using them

6e0d70bd05472564f61bf59a7b9af9fa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Florida Power & Light is using them

6e0d70bd05472564f61bf59a7b9af9fa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Well, there goes the "powerlines crashed my drone" excuse. Lol

Amazing you find time to fly with all the mowing you do, getting ready to be that way here also with early spring and all the rain we have had. Usually take my wife (on mower) and I (on weed eater) about 8 hours to get whole thing done.

Fortunately, that's not my lawn!! Mine is mostly pine trees so I go there to fly

Saw a phantom last November at the park and also my neighbor pulled one out last month, as i was finishing with mine, only saw it from far away but i could tell it was one of those "sky vipers" brands from walmart.
But you guys are right i havent seen any of that drones are taking over everything bs

In switzerland I have never seen any other one in my neighbourhood. People are quite curious but do not know

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Two - one P3A at Makena/Big Beach on Maui this last year, while I was swimming. The other was a big pro hex on a test flight in a local park, several years ago.

It was a busy day at Del Mar beach last weekend...plane, copter, Inspire 1 (that black dot to the right). I had my P3P.
10376834_1030398860354504_2382396623836000194_n.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31