Sjcam sj4000 wifi or non-wifi

JD.

Reaction score
Hi everyone

As title

Would anyone recommend one of these and with or without Wi-Fi.

Cheers

i've heard some good reviews on them, was thinking of getting one myself to turn into a nightvision camera. You won't want wifi as you can't use it while attached to your Phantom

Hi everyone

As title

Would anyone recommend one of these and with or without Wi-Fi.

Cheers

I have an SJ4000 no wifi: I had good results with it, but since february this year I am using the Gitup Git2 camera and the results are a lot better.
Options like the "colorful" effect and the hardware stabilization(in special mode if you do not have the gimbal) give the "plus" in video quality.
Today SJ4000 can be considered a good entry level, but a little bit obsolete. In addition there are many fakes on the market and if you want to be sure to get the original one, the difference in price with the 2016 4K models is no more than 30/40 dollars.
About the wifi, even if you have , is forbidden with the P1.1.1(quad transmitter and wifi use the same frequency); it can be used with FC40, but the range is very poor and I do not recommend it: if you want to see what the camera is seeing, you need an FPV infrastructure.

I had a SJ 4000 till I broke it, I would put it up against a GoPro any day. For $70.00 it's a great deal. After I broke the SJ4000 I bought a 5000 non wifi. Great camera.

Yeah seems popular, after I bit more research the Eken h9 looks decent if not better

Yeah seems popular, after I bit more research the Eken h9 looks decent if not better

SJ500, Gitup Git2 and Firefly S6 can send the video out on the USB port.
For EKEN H9 I am not sure: on the official specs and on italian Forums it is sure it gives the output on HDMI port , but it is not sure the same on USB port: this can be a problem if you want to use the camera for FPV, because I am not sure there are HDMI to AVI converters for common available AVI transmitters.

I had a SJ 4000 till I broke it, I would put it up against a GoPro any day. For $70.00 it's a great deal. After I broke the SJ4000 I bought a 5000 non wifi. Great camera.
It depends which GoPro, I have an older SJ4000 and it's good and was cheap, but a Black Edition Hero4 is in a different league.
I think the Xiaomi-yi would be my choice now.

After reading bit ordered the eken h9 seems to be best value for my basic needs

I am looking for a quality camera for long range with the Wi-Fi with my Phantom. 1 would be the best to purchase

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I am looking for a quality camera for long range with the Wi-Fi with my Phantom. 1 would be the best to purchase

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have no experience with Hero, but the new generation good quality action cams (SJ5000, Gitup GIT2, Firefly S6 etc.) with the built-in wi-fi in the best conditions cannot go over an optimistic 100mt.
In addition the 2.4GHz frequence can interfere with the P1 transmitter.
So, if you want a long range(over 100 mt. ) FPV using these action cams, you need a 5.8GHz wi-fi infrastructure, composed by a transmitter on the quad and a compatible receiver at ground. You send the signal from the camera to the transmitter using the camera USB port.
I personally use the GITUP GIT2 (but I used an SJ4000 ultra cheap clone before) connected to this:

Eachine ET526 5.8G 40CH 25mW/200mW/600mW Switchable FPV Transmitter

and an Eachine LCD5800D monitor with integrated receiver at ground (but I think any 5.8GHz receiver with or without monitor can work).
The transmitter is very small and light and can be easily mounted on one of the P1 legs using velcro. If you want it can also supply the 5V power to the camera, even if I prefer to save the quad battery and use the camera internal battery.
Obviously I cannot use the mobile phone to receive the image, but most of the mobiles use the 2.4GHz and their range is very limited.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1