Site that don't charge tax in California

Reaction score
Hi
I'm a newbie to drone and thinking about oder the Phantom 3 pro online. I'm not living in the US and most site don't deliver to my country but im visiting the US atm. I'll be in New York, Boston and back to San Francisco for Chrismas.
I have friend that could order the P3 for me but she lives in San Francisco and i dont wanna pay extra tax since im not really living in CA.
Anyways could anyone recommend me a good site to avoid CA tax?
Thanks alot. This is my first time posting here.

Buy on EBAY but from a seller outside of CA.

Check out Amazon or order directly from DJI. There are a lot of sellers in different locations there.
I thought Amazon warehouse is located in CA so it will charge extra tax. I emailed drone-world.com and they said their warehouse is in CA too so they will charge extra tax for CA.
Thanks for the quick response.

Buy on EBAY but from a seller outside of CA.
Im not familiar with Ebay and I prefer something like amazon. It will be hard for me if they ship me one of the bad quality one im afriad. I dont live in the US I wont be able to send back or find a repair shop in my country where no one has it.

Welcome to the forum .
If your going to be in NY you could go to B&H photo and buy right there .

Welcome to the forum .
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll look into it if i have time in new york. It's only a short few days trip and I have to show my family around since they dont speak English. Still prefer a website tho. Thanks anyways.

Welcome to the forum .

If he bought from B&H while he's in NY he would have to pay NY state tax.

Amazon charge tax for CA (I should know, I live in CA).

However, BH Photo does NOT charge tax for California.
Amazon does charge tax on items that come from their California warehouse but if you order from an out of state vendor there is no tax. Here is a copy of my Amazon invoice from Drones Etc in Utah - notice no tax - and I am in California also. Also notice that there is no shipping charges now for Christmas, where I paid $40 for shipping
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014TD24U2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Item(s) Subtotal:
$1,285.00
Shipping & Handling:
$40.00

Total before tax:
$1,325.00
Estimated tax to be collected:
$0.00

Grand Total:
$1,325.00

Recent Posts

Members online