Sinopine all black Mushroom 5.8g FPV Antenna

Reaction score
Sinopine All black Mushroom 5.8g FPV Antenna 5.8GHZ Clover Leaf Antenna for Audio Video FPV TX RX.
Does anyone in this forum can make a review for it?

Electrical Specification

1. Product Type: Mushrooms Antenna

2. Frequency Range: 5725-5850MHZ

3. Impedance : 50Ω

4. VSWR: <1.5:1

5. Gain: 5dBI

6. Polarization: Vertical

7. Radiation: omnidirectional

8. Max Power: 50mW

Mechanical Specification

1. Product Type: Mushrooms Antenna

2. Model Type: All black Mushrooms Antenna

3. Height : +- 2.6MM

4. Max diameter: 33MM

5. Max diameter: 4MM

6. Connector: SMA RP

7. Lighting protection: DC ground

Hi,Jim
How much dBI is good as a standard?
I would think that the stock antennas would have more than 5 dbi gain on 5.8 GHz. The stock antenna is most likely a colinear of at least 4 elements enclosed in the housing of the antenna. The gain for that many elements would approach 7 or 8 dbi. Be aware that the reference measurement of dbi is referring to a single point in space, not a simple dipole or vertical with counterpoise. Maybe someone else on here will have more accurate information, or perhaps someone has cut open one of the stock antennas to see how it is constructed. Although my Phantom 4 does not use 5.8 GHz, I have obtained very good results with my two parabolic reflectors mounted on my stock antennas. Let's hope someone has done a comparison test with these different approaches to antenna gain.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

I would think that the stock antennas would have more than 5 dbi gain on 5.8 GHz. The stock antenna is most likely a colinear of at least 4 elements enclosed in the housing of the antenna. The gain for that many elements would approach 7 or 8 dbi. Be aware that the reference measurement of dbi is referring to a single point in space, not a simple dipole or vertical with counterpoise. Maybe someone else on here will have more accurate information, or perhaps someone has cut open one of the stock antennas to see how it is constructed. Although my Phantom 4 does not use 5.8 GHz, I have obtained very good results with my two parabolic reflectors mounted on my stock antennas. Let's hope someone has done a comparison test with these different approaches to antenna gain.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
OK,I see, thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl