Single Shot vs HDR vs AEB

Reaction score
Below are three images shot from my Phantom 3 Standard from a stationary position. You can see a fairly dramatic difference w/ the "aurorahdr" file, which is post-processed with Aurora HDR Pro app using the "Realistic" setting based on AEB raw 5 photos, D-log, and custom style of -2, -3, -2.

Thought this might be useful for people to compare the results from the three options. Happy to share more info on the post processing if desired.

Attachments

• aurorahdr.jpeg
    aurorahdr.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 2,475
  • hdr.JPG
    hdr.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 2,021
  • singleshot.JPG
    singleshot.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 2,026
Reactions: anykill
Just my personal preference but I shoot everything in either 3-shot AEB or 5-shot AEB and then do post processing to combine and enhance the image to it's fullest extent.

Great comparison.

Reactions: rellinb
FYI Lightroom has a simple control-H to combine any images as an HDR, alignment and tone merging too. Also has a settable strength for 'ghosting'. basically looks for differences in a small mask and chooses one image for that tiny area so you don't have a car 3 times in the shot, or blurry trees blowing in the wind. Works great IMO.

Reactions: BigAl07
Yea I liked the idea of lightroom but didn't want to pay monthly for the software. Aurora is proving to be very easy to use as well.

Below are three images shot from my Phantom 3 Standard from a stationary position. You can see a fairly dramatic difference w/ the "aurorahdr" file, which is post-processed with Aurora HDR Pro app using the "Realistic" setting based on AEB raw 5 photos, D-log, and custom style of -2, -3, -2.

Thought this might be useful for people to compare the results from the three options. Happy to share more info on the post processing if desired.

I know this is an old thread but I really don't see anything decent with the HDR mode. Your AEB is where the photo really pops! To me the HDR mode doesn't do much of anything. Thanks for confirming what I was thinking!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4