Single motor issue

Reaction score
I was flying the sim with my boy indoors and noticed the sound of vibration coming from the phantom. Upon closer inspection i narrowed it to one motor (front lhs). Upon even closer inspection i noted that all three other motors run perfectly true (no discernable wobble on the motors during high rpm to the touch) but the front left one, you can feel it isnt true, causing mild vibration. I have had a couple of "incidents" in my back garden where the drone has been piloted into a bush but had a soft landing.... (I learned to watch the drone, not the tablet screen from that day forth) [emoji1]

The drone appears to fly fine but i wondered whether to get into the phantom and change the motor or live with it? Is there anything else i can do to fix it?

Thanks

Leon

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try a can of compressed air, "perhaps" there may be a small twig or minute granules of sand that got in there inadvertently. Carefully blow it out and see if the catchy feeling lessens or hopefully disappears all together. Fingers are crossed for you.

RedHotPoker

After taking it apart and checking everything and blowing it out, if it continues, just change it out.

So it wobbles when spun up, how does it feel when you turn it by hand? Any different than the others?

With the motor spinning, and you look straight down onto the motor shaft can you see the dot on top of the shaft moving horizontally at all?
Are the motor mount screws loose? They should be SNUG, but not over tightened?
Is there any movement when you try and move the motor side to side (grab the threaded piece)?

If the shaft is indeed bent, causing the vibration/wobble I won't run the bird for long as the shell arm will likely crack.
I've never heard of anyone here bending a motor shaft so if it is bent, it may just be a manufacturing defect.

If the shaft is indeed bent, causing the vibration/wobble I won't run the bird for long as the shell arm will likely crack.
I've never heard of anyone here bending a motor shaft so if it is bent, it may just be a manufacturing defect.

I had an ESC fail in flight and it fell from about 200 feet into a tree. No damage other than a few scuffs so it was probably a fairly soft landing, but when I tested the motors, a motor shaft was bent. Even if it appears a crash wasn't bad, bending a shaft is still possible.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had an ESC fail in flight and it fell from about 200 feet into a tree. No damage other than a few scuffs so it was probably a fairly soft landing, but when I tested the motors, a motor shaft was bent. Even if it appears a crash wasn't bad, bending a shaft is still possible.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Thanks for sharing, that's good to know and obviously something to keep an eye out for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers