Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Single Battery for 2 Amps using Y Cable??

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by srandall25, Aug 15, 2014.

1. srandall25

I've been using this battery to power my 5.8 Sunhans amp with my Tx: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DVB ... UTF8&psc=1

It's a great battery.. I'm about to purchase a 2.4amp. Does anyone know if it's possible to power both a 5.8 and 2.4 Sunhans amp using a Y cable off the single 12V power outlet? This battery is 15000mAh if that makes any difference... Thanks.

2. srandall25

3. RedBaron

I use that exact setup and it works great. I also power the repeater and my tablet all at the same time.

4. srandall25

SWEEEEEET!!!! Thanks! I love that battery.. It holds juice like crazy! I velcro'd it to the back of my harness and run the wires over my shoulder... less clutter on the transmitter side and allows me to keep my transmitter stored in my custom cut foam in the backpack without taking the **** batteries off... just works great with my setup...

5. DBS

DBS

15,000mAh !!! Holy Crap !!!

I run my two boosters off of a 1,350mAh battery and I can run 6 batteries through the Phantom before my power dips under 11.8 volts ... 15,000 can run those amps for a week!!!

6. RedBaron

The ravpower is great. I just put it in my pocket. Keeps the weight down on the controller. I wouldn't use anything else. I can go several days without charging.

7. mede8er

Great idea, been wondering how best to tote this thing! I'm also considering a belt clip I have laying around.....