Singapore the next (or first) place to ban drones

Reaction score
Singapore was the country that banned chewing gum. It won't be long before drones here will be banned.

I was transitting to a public area last weekend to fly when I walked past a group of young college kids with a pro level video camera filming the marina barrage (effectively a piece of water). A security guard walked up to them and told them that he needed to report them for filming a government facility. All this as i walked past with drone in black case..

Just about everywhere in Singapore is a government facility so that coupled with public paranoia won't take long before any FPV RC is banned.

link to story Rise of the Drones... http://www.straitstimes.com/digital-lif ... s-20140406

and another http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sin ... 60748.html

What to do lah?

Could paint P2V black and disable lights and only fly at night....

benski said:
What to do lah?

Could paint P2V black and disable lights and only fly at night....

Lol ! :lol: :lol:

benski said:
Singapore was the country that banned chewing gum. It won't be long before drones here will be banned.

they didn't ban chewing gum, they banned the SALE of chewing gum. I take some with me when i go there :)

Hopefully they may only just ban the sale of phantoms, so we can still take ours when we go there and no problemo :lol:

neiloakley said:
benski said:

they didn't ban chewing gum, they banned the SALE of chewing gum. I take some with me when i go there :)

Hopefully they may only just ban the sale of phantoms, so we can still take ours when we go there and no problemo :lol:

Sort of... they banned the sale and the import so technically they could cane you if imported even for personal use..

Using the same analogy so long as they don't ban the import of drones you might be able to use your drone so long as you don't get caught...

There is a ban on importing chewing gum into Singapore which is strictly enforced. Since 2004, only chewing gum of therapeutic value is allowed into Singapore under the Singapore–United States Free Trade Agreement and the "Regulation of Imports and Exports (Chewing Gum) Regulations." Gum can be bought from a doctor, but must be prescribed.

According to the Regulations, "importing" means to "bring or cause to be brought into Singapore by land, water or air from any place which is outside Singapore ..." any goods, even if they are not for purposes of trade.

Under the rule, no gum is allowed to be bought or sold inside Singapore and there is a $500 fine for spitting out gum on the streets

OK - so just take off from Malay and fly over to singapore with a decent FPV set up :)

surely that cant be classed as importing?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik