Simultaneous Video recording and continuous picturing

Reaction score
Halo everyone!
i was wandering if it was possible on the DJI Phantom 2 vision+ v3.0 to have Simultaneous Video recording and continuous picturing?

I know it is possible with the gopro camera.

If it a software issue would an update on the Vision app fix this?

What do you usually do? i would hate to have to go through the same path twice just to record once and then take pictures again the second time!

Thanks everyone!

Well as far as we know, the vision app and camera don't do simultaneous video and stills. I sometimes capture HD screenshots of the video in post-production, but that won't work if it is raw format you are seeking.

shame they didnt mention that when i had to choose between the vision and the vision+ ..
if i knew i would go for the vision with the gopro camera which has this feature...

i know that but it would not be of the same quality .. also not possible to take multiple photos during flight...

i know the work around but just wandering if it was at all possible.. many times users find simple solutions!

go full screen in HD with Video, just hit print screen at anytime, paste into pic editor like paint or whatever

lfaitas said:
shame they didnt mention that when i had to choose between the vision and the vision+ ..
if i knew i would go for the vision with the gopro camera which has this feature...
:D
If you want a Phantom with a GoPro most people go with the non-vision Phantom 2.

Fplvert said:
lfaitas said:
i know .. its too late now!

Cant fit the vision+ gimble to a gopro can i?
:D
Work around here.

http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... -2-vision/

That is my next major expenditure, after I get back from Vancouver next month. I bought the GoPro4 Silver for the zipline's and I should get about $1000 back from IRS (greedy bastards...) so, I think that's where it will go. Waiting for the H4-3D gimbal to come out next month or so.

Just to confirm on this, the hardware for the camera doesn't allow simultaneous capture/video from my experimentation trying to keep the photo button enabled when recording video. I just get "Camera Busy" errors. I think it's due to the limited write speed.

excellent option but very expensive!

i read the vision+ camera is pretty much the same quality as the gopro hero 3 .. dont know about the hero 4 ..

I insist it is a software thing and can surely be an option in a future firmware update of camera and iphone app..

even for the vision+ v3.0 camera ? i thought it was not that bad compared to the gopro hero 3?

I have the Vision+ and was quite disappointed with the camera, especially the harsh video quality. I upgraded to a GoPro 4 Silver and the quality is yards ahead, especially low-light performance. I am using the H3-3D Gimbal with my Hero 4.

I didnt see an gimbals for gopro in that video link you sent..

Is the expensive Quickrelease P2V+ the only solution? .. 239€ plus the camera!!

I can confirm that the camera (or camera firmware) cannot capture photos and video at the same time. I can confirm this because I am building an app and wanted to remove the limit so I allowed photo taking while recording video and each time you take a photo the video is stopped.

I cannot confirm if this is a limitation in the camera or the command protocol between the cell phone/tablet and Phantom but when using the SDK the behavior is the 2 are not allowed at the same time.

You might want to check out the conversation about changing out the vision plus gimble and camera for the Zenmuse and Gopro (linked below). Seems like they have just about got the problem solved (if you aren't running an iphone like I am). Still it's very intriguing to be able to swap out the one camera for the other and keep almost all the function of the vision plus. Especially worth looking at if you've got a damaged camera.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30390846&postcount=252

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31