Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Simultaneous Video out while continious picturing

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by bayhaluk, Aug 1, 2014.

1. bayhaluk

I would like to transmit video out from gopro hero3+ while flying with my P2. When in video mode gopro transmits video so that i see in the ground, but when in continious picture mode, screen goes blank. is there a solution for this one?

2. bayhaluk

i noticed that in timelapse mode if it is shorter then 1 photo/ 2 seconds then you dont see anything on the screen. so while taking photo there is no video out, it goes blank

3. OI Photography

Corrrect, and you'll probably need to set it to 1 pic every 5 sec to be able to get any use out of the video feed. No matter what interval you set there will always be the half-sec blankout each time it snaps a pic, and when that's happening every 2 sec you really can't use the video feed for anything (as I'm sure you've seen).

4. Fyod

I had 1pic/5s on a photo flight and I'm actually ok with the screen blank for a moment, since you know "exactly" what shot was taken.

5. alfadude1

Does simultaneous video and pictures only work on the black and silver? I have the white version and haven't found the option.

Also, does the picture leave a brief gap in the video?

6. rilot

Only Black version I believe. The photo / video simultaneous leaves no gap in the video.

7. Bluegrass

Pretty cool that the camera can multiplex video & photos & the FPR will even let you know that pictures are being shot and when. Now if I my brain can multiplex fast enough to keep an eye on where I'm flying and look over the isod flight parameters, I'll be in good shape.