Simulator Issue

Reaction score
Hi Folks, My Dji go app loses contact with P3S in simulator and flashes between GPS and Atti modes. This is an intermittent problem but I certainly don't want it to occur when I start flying for real. The RC and P3S are 10' apart. Lights on drone are slowly flashing green. I have calibrated the IMU and compass outside in the open. Could the problem be my startup procedure? I turn on RC first and the connect via wifi to iPad and start Go app. With S1 in P position, I start battery and wait for RC light to turn green. It usually takes a bit of time for the simulator to change from Atti mode to P mode. The last time it happened I just turned the quad battery off on then on and it started working. Any ideas? On another note, where do you find firmware version information on drone, camera, and RC? Thanks Newbe

My Dji go app loses contact with P3S in simulator and flashes between GPS and Atti modes.
Are you running the simulator inside? If so, then this would make sense. It's harder for your Phantom to connect to GPS satellites when indoors.

Could the problem be my startup procedure?
No.

where do you find firmware version information on drone, camera, and RC?
You can find the versions in the "About" section of DJI GO.

IMG_1955.jpg

Thanks. Yes I am using the simulator indoors and have a metal roof. Why does simulator need GPS? By virtue of what it is, a simulator, it seems that it could synthesize its own parameters.

By virtue of what it is, a simulator, it seems that it could synthesize its own parameters.
That's a great idea. You should recommend it to DJI.

In fact the simulator shouldn't even need the quad on. Kind of silly when you think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
It actually makes sense, the quad normally does all of the processing for the sensors to make it fly. Why duplicate that functionality on the remote or app when you've already built it once for the quad? Also this makes sure that there's no differences between the firmware on the quad and the firmware in the simulator, and both should always behave the exact same way.

skitchen8 actually makes a very good point. If correct that would let you know beforehand how your current environment is going to cause your drone/RC connection to behave. It will not serve as a flight analyst since that requires actual flight of the drone. Going back to my original problem, the rapid flipping back and forth between P and A modes should not happen unless the GPS signal is being lost and found that rapidly. I hope that was a 1 in 10**24 occurrence.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl