Simplest iPad Mini holder needed!

Reaction score
Help! There are so many ways folks have modded their RC's to hold tablets. I am confused and overwhelmed! Some need special nuts, extra brackets, drilling, gluing.... ACK!

I have a P3S. I have an iPad mini 4. I have a Phantom backpack.

What is the least complicated way to mount the iPad mini on the controller and later fold it down the mount so the whole thing doesn't need to be dismantled to get into the backpack?

You can find some common mount options here and here.

Thanks, but I don't understand why the RC has to be rewired. There are no hard wired connections between my iPad and the RC.

Installing a mount does not require any type of rewiring.

In the first link there are photos showing the RC taken apart and wires being disconnected.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yes, to get the top half of the shell off. Keep reading, it explains it. You are mounting something to the upper shell, it is easier if it is all apart (so you can work with it and manipulate it). No re-wiring...

Use my soulution, you buy this, and then remove the green part from the actual mount. Then mount it into the phone holder on the transmitter, just like if you are using. Your phone. https://www.ebay.com/itm/311529015261

Take a look at this video :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

This is similar to what I'm currently using:

iPad Mini 1 2 3 4 Tablet Mount Holder DJI Phantom 3 Standard Vision 2 + | eBay

I changed the arm to a metal one for more stability. It works, but not loving it.

I ordered the following to try out. I think it'll be more stabile and it's not a permanent change!

For the base mount:
15in1 Grab Bag of Mounts Kit Adapter Accessory for Gopro HD Hero 4 3+ 3 2 SJ4000 | eBay

Tripod adapter:
1/4" Camera Plastic TrIPOD Mount Adapter + Long Screw for GoPro, SJ4000 -Black | eBay

Tablet mount:
Tablet Tripod Mount for Apple iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, Most Other Tablets | eBay

Costs about $20 total. Should have everything next week to try out.

Video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Kai Mele
I haven't posted about it, but I've been using the new setup for about a month now. It works great. Keeps the weight centered over the controller

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan