Simple H3-3D GoPro retention mod

Reaction score
Hi Fellow Phantom Pilots!

Like many GoPro owners I enjoy using the camera for more than just capturing incredible pics and video from my Phantom. I find the plastic retention bar that is used to mount the camera to the H3-3D gimbal is effective, but a pain to remove each time you want to take your GoPro off for a different purpose. If money were no object I'd just buy a second GoPro but I'm not there yet, lol. Taking a cue for the many low-cost gimbals available on ebay I noted many use a velcro strap with a small bracket that fits around the GoPro lens. These work great with the H3-3D as well. When you take the time to carefully attach the strap to the Hero lens and wrap it gently around the back of the gimbal, it retains the camera just as well as the screw bracket, if not better. These straps are available on ebay for anywhere from $1 - $5. I purchased one at my local Hobby Shop for $4.99. I hope this is helpful for some people that have been using rubber bands to hold their camera in place!!! Here's a pic of the strap installed;

p2fullyloaded said:
Hi Fellow Phantom Pilots!

Like many GoPro owners I enjoy using the camera for more than just capturing incredible pics and video from my Phantom. I find the plastic retention bar that is used to mount the camera to the H3-3D gimbal is effective, but a pain to remove each time you want to take your GoPro off for a different purpose. If money were no object I'd just buy a second GoPro but I'm not there yet, lol. Taking a cue for the many low-cost gimbals available on ebay I noted many use a velcro strap with a small bracket that fits around the GoPro lens. These work great with the H3-3D as well. When you take the time to carefully attach the strap to the Hero lens and wrap it gently around the back of the gimbal, it retains the camera just as well as the screw bracket, if not better. These straps are available on ebay for anywhere from $1 - $5. I purchased one at my local Hobby Shop for $4.99. I hope this is helpful for some people that have been using rubber bands to hold their camera in place!!! Here's a pic of the strap installed;

what is the wight difference? im not changing the weight on such a small gimbal as that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub