Simple Flight Timer

Reaction score
I purchased a Taylor kitchen timer at Target for $5 (http://www.target.com/p/taylor-digital-timer/-/A-11010437#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=taylor+timer). This timer will count up from zero or count down like any other ordinary timer. I have used it in both modes. The timer has a small magnet in the back that I popped out with a small flat head screw driver. The only reason for removing the magnet is because it may come into close proximity with the compass on the Phantom. With a little bit of Velcro I attached it to the transmitter and...

photo%25202.JPG

photo%25201.JPG

At first I taped the timer to the transmitter in two locations to see which I liked the best... Alternatively you can place it here:

photo%25203.JPG

Great idea, I purchased a waterproof one to take out on my jetski to let me know how much filming time I have while the Phantom is hovering that way I can get back and land before it takes a swim. I hope it works like I want it to.

Thank you! That looks great. When the timer on my phone goes off, it does not stop and it's difficult to reach in my pocket and turn it off when it is flying. It looks like it would be easy to find the "shut-up" button on that timer. :)

Very good idea, thanks for sharing.
i have used my iphones timer, but this is much better.
But in the next few days I will get my Jeti DS-16 TX
and then that problem will vanish :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik