Sim Card recording limits??? Mine splits video at 14 minutes

Try formatting exFAT on the PC then insert into phantom and redo test.

mSD card formatted exFAT in the P3, removed to computer, verified exFAT in the computer, copied on firmware update, placed in P3.

exFAT is exFAT, doesn't matter where it was formatted.

The 18 month old camera chip that is used for the P3 camera may be limited to 32 bit processing. Lots of weird camera firmware issues have been popping up, all of them revolving around the low level interfaces with the camera chip. I think it's more likely that DJI just used the basic firmware sample from the camera controller manufacturer. It's really too bad, there is a lot more capabilities in the chip that DJI is not taking advantage of.

Reactions: flax
Hit record, left it running about 1 hour, 20 minutes until DJI Pilot app crashed.

Cool. I have some questions about this, if you don't mind. I assume the battery was completely full when you started the test, how much was left after these 1hr and 20 minutes?

Also, when I configure stuff in the app while I have my Phantom on idle (powered ON) , no motors running, I notice the aluminium plate on which the gimbal is mounted gets horribly hot in a tiny amount of time (hot to the touch). This is why up until now I try to limit having the Phantom turned on and idling.

But seeing you had it turned on for 1hr and 20 minutes recording.... I shouldn't be too worried?

Thanks for the bench test :)

Does anybody know the time of recording you will get before the 4gb split from recording at 1080p 50 or 60 fps. Never actually tried to record for a full 20 min flight in this setting and was wondering if you could record at this format for 20 mins and get a full recording in 1 file with out a split.

Cool. I have some questions about this, if you don't mind. I assume the battery was completely full when you started the test, how much was left after these 1hr and 20 minutes?

Also, when I configure stuff in the app while I have my Phantom on idle (powered ON) , no motors running, I notice the aluminium plate on which the gimbal is mounted gets horribly hot in a tiny amount of time (hot to the touch). This is why up until now I try to limit having the Phantom turned on and idling.

But seeing you had it turned on for 1hr and 20 minutes recording.... I shouldn't be too worried?

Thanks for the bench test :)

My first recording stopped for an unknown reason after a few minutes.

My second test started at 92% and was about 56% after 90 minutes. I didn't think to check the camera, but the fan on the camera body (P3P) was running the whole time. I was surprised the battery was pretty warm even after such a slow discharge, but it was only the second cycle on the battery.

Reactions: flax
In premiere pro selecting the file should bring in the whole movie without a break, cannot test yet my p3 comes on Friday , but my camera does things in a similar way and pp brings it in as a whole movie

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20