Signal question

Reaction score
I made a home made bracket on my p3 standard and now for some reason it will get almost 500ft and looses signal just curious do y'all think it's cause the bracket is metal or did something happen!!!
826c5385c4ba6f1a71a157cb6dc699e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks that is what I thought the metal is causing signal problems I have noticed no one has made their own brackets like that!! Thanks for the advice!!

If you don't like using the lanyard, try using a tripod. Much more comfortable for those long flights.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I need to come Up with a way to mount my tablet it's a Samsung galaxy tab a problem is so far for p3s there isn't a good bracket that I know of but then again I haven't looked in a long time I built this home made setup but it or something has brought my rage to less than 400ft up ! But if need be I'm going to just start using my phone with factory clamp

I need to come Up with a way to mount my tablet it's a Samsung galaxy tab a problem is so far for p3s there isn't a good bracket that I know of but then again I haven't looked in a long time I built this home made setup but it or something has brought my rage to less than 400ft up ! But if need be I'm going to just start using my phone with factory clamp

Please use punctuation, as it makes it so much easier to read.

Well! Good punctuation ! Or bad !! The real question is why does this drone go 250ft away and say remote signal lost... I used to go prob 1800ft or more .. it just happened all the sudden. Thought it was my tablet holder but without it and still same problem !! Any suggestions I have. I idea what to do!!!

The Phantom 3 STD remote actually has three antennas. One external and two patch/panel type antennas internal located on either side in the upper portion of the remote. By using metallic materials/brackets, you effectively created an RF barrier that is hindering your RF transmit and receive range.

Maybe consider using plastic such as a piece of PVC pipe cut and flattened out using a heat gun. Then fold it like your metal brackets again using a heat gun. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't checked this in such a long time and thank you for the advice. I did just that. removed the new bracket . Tried it and same result. I even downgraded the firmware on it! But no matter how I hold the remote it will go no more than.... we'll to be honest sometimes it
Looses signal right above me !! Never the wifi but the rc signal it will say go home then just stop in mid air when it receives better signal !! If I never flew it before I would prob just think it's normal but I used to get about 1300 ft or more.. after that it would say image transmission weak or something like that but it was always the wifi !! I opened up the transmitter looking for a broken wire but all looked great .. maybe it's possible something happened to the drones antenna inside it?? Not sure !! It's been forever since I've flown it !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20