Signal Problems?

Reaction score
I had some signal issues on one of my flights. Essentially, I flew back when I started losing video (I was getting half a screen...... and still shots instead of live video). After returning, I powered down, back up, it worked for a minute then happened again.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Trying to figure out the cause. It was flying fine at first, and then it just seemed to lose video. Do you think this could be a bad cable between my iPad and my remote? I still had control, just no video it appeared. This included when I flew it back, all the way to right next to me. It is an after market cable, but i've yet to have any other issues with it.

I had some signal issues on one of my flights. Essentially, I flew back when I started losing video (I was getting half a screen...... and still shots instead of live video). After returning, I powered down, back up, it worked for a minute then happened again.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Trying to figure out the cause. It was flying fine at first, and then it just seemed to lose video. Do you think this could be a bad cable between my iPad and my remote? I still had control, just no video it appeared. This included when I flew it back, all the way to right next to me. It is an after market cable, but i've yet to have any other issues with it.
Cables are known issues, especially with IOS-- some aftermarket cables will not work and some IOS cables have just plain gone bad.

Reactions: Lonewolf
Cables are known issues, especially with IOS-- some aftermarket cables will not work and some IOS cables have just plain gone bad.
You're right! I ordered 3 cables. Was grounded for a few days waiting for my replacement cable when mine went bad. Told myself, "Nope, won't do that again" & ordered the 2 additional cables that same day. Use one dedicated only to recharge my iPad. One dedicated to the Phantom & the third as the backup. If either of them fail again? A new one gets ordered right away. [emoji2]

Reactions: bobmyers
I'm going to buy a new cable, and also play with enable/disable hardware decode. I know the majority of users have attributed that to reboots, but maybe its causing other issues. Just a thought.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie