Signal problem with P3P

Reaction score
Neven,
Are you losing image transmission signal strength or is the RC signal?
Maybe you experience interference. Try to repeat in an open field.
If it repeats you might have a defective P3P. I have had some problems with a DOA due to this.
ps. How is the temperature in Zagreb? Greetings and good luck.

Both. Just a few seconds after rotating the drone signal goes from very good to none and RTH due to signal loss kicks in. I'll try few more tests, like flying straight for 10.000ft, stop, check how strong is the signal, and then just rotate the drone in place for 90 degrees. If signal degrades rapidly then it could be a hardware problem. Maybe one of forward antennas is not working?
In Zagreb morning was cold, around -7C, but now it is sunny, no wind, and just above 0C. Good day for Phantom Pilots :)

Reactions: rene van der meer
I'd say the antennas in the front landing gear legs are not connected. So now the a/c flies with reception like the old P2V+. I would send that one in for repair.

Reactions: alokbhargava
Both. Just a few seconds after rotating the drone signal goes from very good to none and RTH due to signal loss kicks in. I'll try few more tests, like flying straight for 10.000ft, stop, check how strong is the signal, and then just rotate the drone in place for 90 degrees. If signal degrades rapidly then it could be a hardware problem. Maybe one of forward antennas is not working?
In Zagreb morning was cold, around -7C, but now it is sunny, no wind, and just above 0C. Good day for Phantom Pilots :)
I do not fly as far as 10.000ft/ 3Km, because I lose line of sight at about 800m. I would say that signal loss at that distance is very likely to occur. Does it also happen at a closer range, less than 3000ft/1Km?

That's over 2.2 miles, the Phantom is rated to 1.2 miles. Mine is even modded and does fly further around 2 to 3 miles and I don't fly that far anymore because of the regulations. I now try to stay in the LOS There are a lot of variables such as, signal interference, obstruction's. I kind of feel yours is okay, just getting out of stock range.

Reactions: rene van der meer
I have new P3P (W323B/GL500C/FW1.6) and maybe a problem. When flying straight away from my position I have great range, probably well over 12.000ft, but as soon I rotate a drone to fly not directly away from me I loose signal.
Like this HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters or this HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Is that normal?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
It's definitely antenna issue on your P3. I would suggest you to send your bird to DJI service center for investigation and fix.

That's over 2.2 miles, the Phantom is rated to 1.2 miles. Mine is even modded and does fly further around 2 to 3 miles and I don't fly that far anymore because of the regulations. I now try to stay in the LOS There are a lot of variables such as, signal interference, obstruction's. I kind of feel yours is okay, just getting out of stock range.

That is a good point. But, if you look at my stats you can see that I have excelent signal (-45) 11.000ft away and then it changes to no signal (-250) just few meters away when I turn a drone 45 degrees. If I already have that range when drone is facing straight away I see no reason why I wouldn't have any if rotated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jbundy63
That is a good point. But, if you look at my stats you can see that I have excelent signal (-45) 11.000ft away and then it changes to no signal (-250) just few meters away when I turn a drone 45 degrees. If I already have that range when drone is facing straight away I see no reason why I wouldn't have any if rotated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I definitely understand what your saying, does it do this at closer range? Such as 5000 feet? The antennas are in both front and back legs and could be just an distance issue, I would think that if it does it at 5000 feet when you turn the aircraft around then I would think there might be an issue. I look at all my data logs and see signal errors that are sometimes high and vary from day to day in the same area, I would fly out one day and the other not be as strong. It's worth checking but would hate for you to send it in and have to wait for it to come back. I would definitely try some stuff like different areas and also a somewhat closer distance before coming to a conclusion. Also be sure to try and point the controller as close in line as you can to the aircraft, I know that can make a big difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj