"signal lost" with video and some telemetry

So your phantom didn't generate ant txt file on your SD card.

What are your next steps now?

So your phantom didn't generate ant txt file on your SD card.

What are your next steps now?
Alok, he doesn't seem to want to show us the txt files that will make it easier for us to help him. You asked three times already.

Alok, he doesn't seem to want to show us the txt files that will make it easier for us to help him. You asked three times already.

really dude?

there is no text file. I also said it 3 times. It doesn't exist... no text file. none. not there. non existent. It's not generating a txt file. It already has the latest update from me installing it few weeks ago. The txt file happened then and I deleted it since... it won't create a txt file if the latest update is already installed and that same version firmware is on the sd card. it will not let me drop down 1 back either.

You gotta be kidding me. I'm answering every question within minutes of being asked in helps to get this fixed and then you come say that.

I even made a youtube video showing every step that I'm doing.

in an already aggravating situtation your ignorance isn't helping.

anyways...

Now it says I have 1.6.4... so it magically went from 1.1.5 to N/A now 1.6.4

Screenshot_20160507_211417.png

Last edited:
really dude?

there is no text file. I also said it 3 times. It doesn't exist... no text file. none. not there. non existent. It's not generating a txt file. It already has the latest update from me installing it few weeks ago. The txt file happened then and I deleted it since... it won't create a txt file if the latest update is already installed and that same version firmware is on the sd card. it will not let me drop down 1 back either.

You gotta be kidding me. I'm answering every question within minutes of being asked in helps to get this fixed and then you come say that.

I even made a youtube video showing every step that I'm doing.

in an already aggravating situtation your ignorance isn't helping.

anyways...

Now it says I have 1.6.4... so it magically went from 1.1.5 to N/A now 1.6.4

Unfortunately sir, you are mostly providing conflicting and incomplete information which is making it difficult to help you. For example, how many different FW versions have you said you have so far in this thread? Even saying that you have installed and actually flew with an impossible combination.

We wanted to help you, but you are really making it difficult. Especially with the attitude issues.

@alokbhargava this one is all yours my friend.

Unfortunately sir, you are mostly providing conflicting and incomplete information which is making it difficult to help you. For example, how many different FW versions have you said you have so far in this thread? Even saying that you have installed and actually flew with an impossible combination.

We wanted to help you, but you are really making it difficult. Especially with the attitude issues.

@alokbhargava this one is all yours my friend.

My friend. you aren't making any sense. Please just leave this thread alone. You are turning this into an argument. Thank you very much. Of course I'm going to give attitude to someone who is putting words in my mouth saying I don't want to give out the txt file. I don't have it! How do you expect me to give it out? So please, I kindly ask you to just get out of this thread. I don't need your help. You're asking me something I can't currently provide to you and not helping in any way or shape Thank you sir.

within making of this post, this is what my drone has shown me:

6:54 PM -
Screenshot_20160507_185422_1.png

7:53 PM -
Screenshot_20160507_195318.png

9:14 PM -

for the ones willing to help, it's obvious my quad isn't reporting the correct version number to the radio, or radio is not receving the correct into.

again, no text file can be provided because the quad isn't providing one since it should have the latest one installed already from couple weeks ago.

Forget the past, if it's showing now 1.6.4 you can do following:

Format your SD card and load 1.6.4 bin file and try to reinstall. And check if it generated txt file.

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.zip

See what happens. Keep RC off all the time.

Next we will try to install 1.8.80 FW and see if that's successful

Let's be systematic.

Last edited:
Forget the past, if it's showing now 1.6.4 you can do following:

Format your SD card and load 1.6.4 bin file and try to reinstall. And check if it generated txt file.

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.zip

See what happens. Keep RC off all the time.

Next we will try to install 1.8.80 FW and see if that's successful

Let's be systematic.

my goodness. Went back to 1.1.5... I don't think the quad is communicating properly with the controller...

I think I'm going to have to contact DJI for this one.

I did try re linking RC. it relinks just fine (as soon as I hit the button on the quad)

I also just left 1.8 on the SD card, but it will not take it (because I'm pretty sure that's what's installed on it)

I don't understand though. Can't I roll it back to 1.7? It won't downgrade firmware either.

What I really would like to do it re-load the firmware on the radio, but not sure how to do it.

ok, got it! Someone from DJI forums explained how to downgrade the rc fw... then I was able to establish connection and realize I had 1.7.6

It seems like it wasn't taking the latest update because I kept trying to install the P3P update and not the P3A (I remembered there was a difference) now it's uploading the latest firmware to the drone ,and then I will reupload the RC firmware

I have a strange Lost of Signal in my video too with my P3 and would you believe even in my P4. Everytime I flew for last 2 days they always lost the video signal. With my P4 it even lost all the signal, I thought that my P4 is lost but after 2 minutes it is landing where it took off and I regain the control but on app it says No Signal.....

ok, got it! Someone from DJI forums explained how to downgrade the rc fw... then I was able to establish connection and realize I had 1.7.6

It seems like it wasn't taking the latest update because I kept trying to install the P3P update and not the P3A (I remembered there was a difference) now it's uploading the latest firmware to the drone ,and then I will reupload the RC firmware
So our statement was correct that you don't have 1.8.80. We told you in affirmative words that RC 1.5 can't work with AC 1.8.

Anyway good for you. Best wishes.

Im having the exact same problem, how were you able to downgrade you quad? I thing thats what i need to do.

Im having the exact same problem, how were you able to downgrade you quad? I thing thats what i need to do.
He didn't downgrade his quad, he just downgraded his RC to 1.5 and it worked then with AC 1.7

It is important to know the current status ( All the versions and the issue noticed with details) exactly to resolve any issue. Else we work in dark and waste our as well as others time. Time is important to all.

Can you share the details of downgrading with the rest of us please.

It appears the main problem was trying to update a P3A with P3P firmware. I tried that once... it doesn't work. It doesn't help that DJI labels the Advanced firmware file with an "S". First time I did this, I thought that was for the P3 Standard, so used the P3P file. Nope. The P3A file with the "S" is the one you want.

Reactions: HawkeyeImaging
It appears the main problem was trying to update a P3A with P3P firmware. I tried that once... it doesn't work. It doesn't help that DJI labels the Advanced firmware file with an "S". First time I did this, I thought that was for the P3 Standard, so used the P3P file. Nope. The P3A file with the "S" is the one you want.
Thanks for the info!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj