signal lost question

Reaction score
flying phantom 3 about 100 feet up and 200 feet out today. Lost all fpv signal, black screen. Got a "signal lost" warning, I assume thats just the FPV signal. Lucky I was able to see the phantom and fly it home. What would be the smartest thing to do had the phantom been to far to see when this happened? Initiate a RTH immediately? Let it be for a bit to see if signal returns? Just puts a little fear in the back of your mind now.

Did the signal come back? If you can see it and fly it back, then that is the optimum solution. The only solution if you cant see it is to hit RTH and pray that it comes into sight soon.

Seems a bit too close to lose signal, especially if you could still see it (which implies no obstructions). Make sure your antenna are perpendicular to the ground. Also the bird will return home on its own if there's no signal for a period of time.

flying phantom 3 about 100 feet up and 200 feet out today. Lost all fpv signal, black screen. Got a "signal lost" warning, I assume thats just the FPV signal. Lucky I was able to see the phantom and fly it home. What would be the smartest thing to do had the phantom been to far to see when this happened? Initiate a RTH immediately? Let it be for a bit to see if signal returns? Just puts a little fear in the back of your mind now.

RTH is awesome, Phantom3 was appx 1/2 mile down my street flying via my i6+, i attempted to land in friends back yard, i dropped below tree line and lost communication, Phantom3 increased altitude attempting to return home, i regained communication and continued the flight, hovered over their house filing, hit my RTH button, and within 2 minutes it landed within 3 feet of takeoff point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.