Signal Loss yet AGAIN!!!!!!!

I've been experiencing loss of signal issues all the time now. Really takes the fun away and I haven't been flying as much

link please... it was raining when I got home so I cant fly to try the start up procedure tonight...

Don't forget the P3 was designed to fly indoors, somewhat.

Ok..since we are all "**** for brains" because we think it's a hardware issue...explain to me why alot of people aren't haven't issues with the new firmware updates at all?? Explain to me why I have been having "No Signal" issues before the recent rc firmware update? I had issues on 1.3.2 on both the rc and ac...I guess the tech from DJI that i spoke to on the phone that said it sounds like a hardware issue is "**** for brains" too? SMH...No reason for any of that ****, I could swear it's a firmware issue, but I've tried every combination of firmwares and NO I didn't upgrade my rc right away to the latest 1.4, and still had issues on 1.3.2...so tell me what firmware is causing this issue if I've had problems on both? I can't wait for anymore firmware upgrades, I can't fly the **** thing, I kept putting it off because I thought it was a firmware issue, but my warranty is up soon so I did send it in finally this week...and by flying, hardware can go bad if it's faulty correct or no? I'm not sure on this but maybe you guys can tell me?
I'm going to try explain this to you guys the best I can. Some people aren't having the issue because the chipset on their RC controller board may be a different version than the others that are having the issue. A different chipset would allow some users to work fine with all versions of the software and firmware, while others will experience issues. Being a former software engineer and hardware engineer, this is 101 to me. I would troubleshoot problems like this all day long for a living. This problem is difficult to understand for some, and it disguises itself because people are noticing it at different times and people are upgrading different things at different times. Some people were working fine, did no upgrade then experienced the "no signal" problem. Only to find out later that Apple may have pushed the new DJO GO app to them, but they were unaware of this update because they had auto updates turned on and the app updated itself without them knowing. That's just one way it can be confusing and make someone think it's a hardware issue. This issue was created by a software/firmware update, but may be resolved with a different RC controller, or as others have mentioned a different USB/HDMI board. These new hardware parts may appear to fix the problem, but the reality is that the new hardware parts may have different chipsets on the circuit boards that allow them to simply work with the new firmware/software. I don't think people have sh!t for brains, this stuff is is just 101 to me and others that have technical experience in this area. The sh!t for brains comes to mind when someone is whistling zippity do dah out of their ***, yelling how their's works fine with all of the latest updates, and claiming that the software/firmware isn't the problem. Clearly the problem started with software/firmware updates, NOT hardware updates. That being said, as I mentioned earlier, new hardware may fix the issue by working fine with the new software/firmware, due to the different chipsets. DJI needs to get off of their a$$ and push out a new firmware that has been tested to work with all of the different chipset versions so I don't have to send my unit in.

Ok Poundofnuts, that explains things alot better and makes perfect sense the way you explained it..so it is possible that newer firmware updates may never work with some older chipsets correct? All I want is for my bird to fly like it did when I first got it...I just want it fixed whatever the issue is..which is honestly all I think we all want...mine is unfortunately in DJIs hands now, or will be soon...I'd rather them have it and hopefully fix it rather than me keep trying to fix it and getting aggravated because I can't get it to work...it's just not fun to fly when it's like this...thank you for that explanation it explains things alot better

Reactions: Poundofnuts
Having a problem is bad. But staying in the dark as for what is causing it and what/when a solution will come is frustrating. Totally understandable.

I think that if DJI either knows or not what´s really going on, they should step forward and provide information. Just a short release to let users know they´re aware of the problems, working hard on it and soon they´ll fix it somehow would bring a lot of relief and help to calm down the complaints, at least a bit.

Give people some reference and a horizon, that´s basic PR. The way they treat this seems like something is out of control, which IMHO is not true - but how should pilots (the happy and unhappy ones) treat future updates if this goes on without some feedback from the manufacturer??

Last edited:
This got me thinking, I put iphone on charge yesterday @ 35% woke up this morning @ 25% & thought I never put switch down on wall socket but I had, I have car charger also that's been acting up for a good while had to fiddle around to get it going but more or less useless for last 2 weeks, well if it won't charge from wall socket / car how will it send data to & fro from r/c, before seeing attached vid I had my toothpick out & got a nice bit of lint / fluff / dust out from port & now cable clicks in again perfect, as weather is not so good here I've only had a handful of flights since I changed my start up procedure ( earlier in post ) & all good with no signal error including 2 flights today, worth a try if you suffering No Signal, I have iPhone but same thing should apply to android I'm sure

Not in my case. My ipad mini 4 is brand new out of the box and is doing just as my ipad mini 2
You send in for repair or living with,
info might help others out as you know already any suggestion is worth a try

i did the rc firmware update and somehow im getting this lost signal so many times. i tell ya...the previous firmware was near perfect. no interference! now i get lost signal even on ground????? why DJI?????? ur going backwards here.....

i did the rc firmware update and somehow im getting this lost signal so many times. i tell ya...the previous firmware was near perfect. no interference! now i get lost signal even on ground????? why DJI?????? ur going backwards here.....
Send em an email-- mine works perfect:) Lost signal may not be DJI-- could be something else.

Reactions: Pete Leare
I called Dji, they said its software issue with IOS and to go borrow someone's android device... If it still gives a video loss then to call them back.. Way to go Dji..

Sent this to DJI yesterday.

"As has been said numerous times on forums the issue with NO SIGNAL in GO APP has now become unusable product.
Today I had a client pull a $2,000 job from me as a 2HR job took 8 hrs with no result !!!
The issues is a DJI software problem and nothing else.
Ipad 3 mini 64GB wifi with only DJI GO app on it so it's not an APPLE issue as I have only had this problem with the last 2 updates.
I am demanding that you fix this issue in regards to iOS 9.1 and GO app or refund me the money I have paid to you in good faith,
I am happy to return your product in perfect condition with boxes."

Haven't heard back as yet and don't expect to as they don't give a f**k about support.
Basically they turned a good product into a flying TURD. I've read all the different theories on here and it's BS, they make software changes to bring all DJI products to use one APP and to promote on-selling, in doing so they have created an unflyable aircraft, if you can't read the instruments in an aircraft it is grounded. I have sent the data to another set of turds called CASA here in Australia, AUS equivalent to FAA and we will see what transpires.

The parts of my drone business that requires the use of P3P is on hold until this issue is sorted as I've grounded my bird and not prepared to use a larger drone for RE shots.
My lawyers are looking into DJI's documents regarding DUTY OF CARE and RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT OF AN AIRCRAFT.
These DJI dumbasses have forgotten that this is an aircraft and is governed in kind.
My insurance company has stated to me that if the drone was to become unstable due to an known issue they would not be obliged to pay damages due to aircraft fault. So goodluck to anyone that uses GO App in business as insurance companies are not going to be liable.

Reactions: TDKUK
I noticed in my app that I was set to only use channel 20, I never set this before unless this is default. I changed to automatically choose best signal and I didn't experience signal loss. I'm not counting this as a sure fire fix unless I can duplicate loss multiple times by switching back to a designated channel.

Prior to finding this I experienced fairly severe signal loss out in a fairly open field with practically zero radio interference for at least a mile. The P3 would lose signal at just a little over 30ft away from me when just a few seconds earlier the app is showing full signal and why wouldn't it at 30'. The P3 would try to just land where it was and not go to home even though it is set to. I'd have to cancel landing 3-4x before the P3 would stop trying to land and I'd get enough signal to move it closer to me and signal would drop again, repeat until it was about 15' away and then everything seemed perfect.

I used to feel fairly confident with my quadcopter but since the latest controller update I am everything but confident. Friends will ask for me to bring it out and take some videos or photos but I don't even won't to take it up 40-50'.

Are you guys still running the v1.4.01 and having this issue? Or have you gone back to a previous firmware version that worked better? I went back to v1.3.20 and that got everything running again on mine and am wondering how far back in the fw files have you tried?

After reading through the threads in this forum on this issue, I gathered the various tips, and tried some out. Although I had just one flight applying these, it looks promissing. When flying on the same location a few days earlier I had about 'no signal' all the time. Now I did not have one single moment without signal. Hope it stays that way during following flights.
These are the steps I followed:
1. Format SD card (perhaps this ought to be done only once in a while)
2. clear video cache
3. kill the app (do not yet connect your device to the RC)
4. Power on RC
5. If RC is powered on, then power on copter
6. If the two are solidly connected then connect cable to the iOS device.
7. Start App

signal loss to the ipad can come from a faulty memory card reader on the gimbal which causes intermittent signal loss . There is a easy way to test if it is tho just whip the memory card out of the gimbal and the siganl wont drop out. Once this is confirmed you can send it of for camera replacement. I had the camera replaced on one back in june which kept dropping signal because of a faulty card reader. The retailer who replaced it said they had seen it a few times before and the gimbals now had different card readers in them. Might help some with signal loss issues. Took me ages to work it out and i only worked it out by mistake really.

I've had this on my air 2 on 8.4, with the ac on 1.4.10, the rc at one firmware behind the latest stand alone update for it, and the go app at 2.2.0. It has been intermittent, the worst kind of problem to track down with any certainty of being solved from doing any one thing. At one time or another I've had everything described here happen. The worst of it so far happened when I was 150' up and about 300' out. It took the app upwards of 30 seconds to reconnect. However, the bird did not automatically RTH and I had full rc control to fly it back closer manually during the reconnect. It's as though the bird sensed no loss of connection to start auto RTH.

I've gone back to using the oem lightening cable for starters. I have not forced closed the go app now before flight, as I had been doing, thinking that if it's working correctly then I'll ride it out as is and not start fresh each flight. This also helps keep my maps cached and more reliable in the field, as I use airplane mode for flight. A couple flights in, no problems, but that doesn't mean anything. I haven't tried hardware decoder off yet because latency is noticeably worse doing that. I also have not tried a custom channel with setting the bit rate low. That I'm going to try first if the problem happens again. It just seems to me that a custom channel that shows clear one moment can become terrible the next and your stuck on it, which I would think can cause a problem. With auto, it always hopping to the best channel when needed. They should absolutely give the bit rate choice even in auto channel select though. Don't know why they don't.

The problem being intermittent is actually the biggest problem, and that's why I wouldn't send it in for repair. It's a longevity thing, not just a quick look to say it's working. Six perfect flights means nothing in terms of being solved. I really hope a firmware update solves it but even then with a lack of bug fix line items from dji, it will likely take quite a while for user reports to come in to suggest the problem is solved.

Crap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4