Signal Loss yet AGAIN!!!!!!!

On my last signal loss the app just said no signal went from 100% signal to nothing, when it appeared overhead after RTH I still had control but no video or date downlink ,, my advice is always use RTH if you can see your bird , if you panic and start moving the sticks they are still controlling the bird but you can not see what it's doing, only way out of this situation is hit RTH, nobody can fly blind with no downlink
Eactly what I experienced and did. It's definitely an issue since these same problems have been happening to others. Glad that my RTH worked. I had tested RTH in the past just to be confident in its capability. What I was initially afraid if was that the bird just dropped out of the sky so you can imagine my delight when I heard it coming in [emoji3]

Yes the NO SIGNAL we are talking about is not a loss off controlller/aircraft contact...we are able to maintain control and have full rc bars...we lose video feed and this happens at random distances...it's happened to me at 2500ft out and 5 ft in front of me...

Yes the NO SIGNAL we are talking about is not a loss off controlller/aircraft contact...we are able to maintain control and have full rc bars...we lose video feed and this happens at random distances...it's happened to me at 2500ft out and 5 ft in front of me...
Same here. Halloween night I was 10 feet off the ground and 20 feet out in front of me the first time it happened.

Does this happen every flight regardless if you change location?

Ok so if I'm understanding this, it's NOT a controller signal loss but a video signal loss you're talking about. If it is in fact video loss & you're on iOS 9 or greater I downgraded my iPad back to iOS 8.4.1 upgraded the DJI GoApp to 2.0.4 controller updated to newest version too.

First flight had video loss. Uninstalled & reinstalled the DJI GoApp 2.0.4. Went to my channels & chose custom & then chose a channel between 2 that showed a high interference. The channel between them was very low with interference. Flew a few times with no issues after that.

It's complete data loss between DJI Go and the controller. No data (video or telemetry) is displayed within DJI Go. Even my flight log quits at the moment the data loss happened. I will have to look at the log stored on the P3 to see if that one is complete.

Reactions: Poundofnuts
Ok so if I'm understanding this, it's NOT a controller signal loss but a video signal loss you're talking about. If it is in fact video loss & you're on iOS 9 or greater I downgraded my iPad back to iOS 8.4.1 upgraded the DJI GoApp to 2.0.4 controller updated to newest version too.

First flight had video loss. Uninstalled & reinstalled the DJI GoApp 2.0.4. Went to my channels & chose custom & then chose a channel between 2 that showed a high interference. The channel between them was very low with interference. Flew a few times with no issues after that.

Apple has signed off on 8.4.1 so impossible to roll back now, could you go into more detail on this channel thing or even better if you know where there is a vid about it, thanks
I have this NO SIGNAL issue as well

Reactions: Poundofnuts

I did the uninstall of Dji go and reinstalled but didnt help. My ipad mini 4 came with 9.0 so I am stuck but I am using channel 32 also.

This is NOT just a ios issue...I am running android..using an Nvidia Shield and having the same issues...I have had issues where I would lose video and telemetry on and off like 10 times during flight and I've had it where I lose it and can't get it back and it happens at all distances whether it's far out or 5 ft in front of me...Halloween night it happened once when I first took off, video came back, then had lag most of the rest of the flight until about 40% battery left then lost video and couldn't get it back no matter what I did...I got off the phone with DJI about an hr ago...tech said that I did everything I could and that they would tell me to do, said they will send me an RMA and to just send it in...said it sounds like possibly a bad video card but they will run it through some tests...will be sending it out tomorrow I think....turnaround about 2-3weeks...let's hope they can fix it

Mudcon...I would suggest u contact DJI...give them a call so they see how many people are having these issues and they can do something about it...I have heard people on this forum that have sent there phantom in for this problem and have had it fixed, DJI wouldn't tell them the problem but supposedly it's fixed...are you in the US? IF so here is the number I called 18182350789

This is NOT just a ios issue...I am running android..using an Nvidia Shield and having the same issues...I have had issues where I would lose video and telemetry on and off like 10 times during flight and I've had it where I lose it and can't get it back and it happens at all distances whether it's far out or 5 ft in front of me...Halloween night it happened once when I first took off, video came back, then had lag most of the rest of the flight until about 40% battery left then lost video and couldn't get it back no matter what I did...I got off the phone with DJI about an hr ago...tech said that I did everything I could and that they would tell me to do, said they will send me an RMA and to just send it in...said it sounds like possibly a bad video card but they will run it through some tests...will be sending it out tomorrow I think....turnaround about 2-3weeks...let's hope they can fix it
Report back, I guess I will call them too. Are you sending it to there place in California?

Mudcon...I would suggest u contact DJI...give them a call so they see how many people are having these issues and they can do something about it...I have heard people on this forum that have sent there phantom in for this problem and have had it fixed, DJI wouldn't tell them the problem but supposedly it's fixed...are you in the US? IF so here is the number I called 18182350789
I am going to, Thanks for everyones help. It just stumps me how I had the problem, then with a update it goes away and now another update its back. It sure was fun with it worked right....

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I agree Mudcon...just don't get it how it worked when I first got it but now all these issues...wish I didn't sell my P2 lol...and yes sending it to California...that's the number I posted

Anyhow, the Good/Poor display activity seems to be different when the A/C is cold vs warm.

Actually, you just made me feel a bit better about this, because my good/poor issue coincided with the weather getting colder here. So I'll keep an eye on it.

As I mentioned before, the flights still seem OK. So I'll check that screen periodically when it's up in the air, to see how it looks.

Also, there was another recent "sneaky" Android GO update that I installed but have not flown with yet. So, we'll see if it helps!

Who isn't having a no signal loss video feed on an iPad Air 2 ? What configuration are you running. I live out in the country and I'm literally getting video loss at 50 feet away when back when i first purchased I was getting nearly 2 miles (before the channel reduction). This is ridiculous

Apple has signed off on 8.4.1 so impossible to roll back now, could you go into more detail on this channel thing or even better if you know where there is a vid about it, thanks
I have this NO SIGNAL issue as well
Sure. Go to www.redmondpie.com to my understanding they still offer signed versions. Find your device then download the corresponding iOS 8.4.1 restore zipfile & save it to your pc.

Rename the saved/downloaded zipfile extension to .ipsw instead of .zip (just highlight .zip & rename it to .ipsw) now go to iTunes click on your iPad & click the Restore button. When asked, go to the folder your renamed iOS 8.4.1 Restore.ipsw file is & iTunes will install it.

REMEMBER to turn off auto updates on your iPad! Otherwise it will auto update the iOS 9+ version again!

In your DJI GoApp go to your HD icon & click the Custom button. Look at your channels & find the LOWEST one between 2 that show high interference. Choose that low channel. You should be flying with no issues.

Sure. Go to www.redmondpie.com to my understanding they still offer signed versions. Find your device then download the corresponding iOS 8.4.1 restore zipfile & save it to your pc.

Rename the saved/downloaded zipfile extension to .ipsw instead of .zip (just highlight .zip & rename it to .ipsw) now go to iTunes click on your iPad & click the Restore button. When asked, go to the folder your renamed iOS 8.4.1 Restore.ipsw file is & iTunes will install it.

REMEMBER to turn off auto updates on your iPad! Otherwise it will auto update the iOS 9+ version again!

In your DJI GoApp go to your HD icon & click the Custom button. Look at your channels & find the LOWEST one between 2 that show high interference. Choose that low channel. You should be flying with no issues.

Thanks Lonewolf will try your channel suggestion & let you know outcome, I also got my .ipsw from redmondpie & rolled back no problem but check out this

Apple Stops Signing iOS 8.4.1 And iOS 9.0, Downgrades No Longer Possible | Redmond Pie

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic