Signal Loss yet AGAIN!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Well I am lost, after 1.4 I started losing transmission signal and the 32 channel hack fixed it and I was running flawless. Now after IOS 9.1 and the newest firware and Dji Go app I am back to signal loss again. I did uninstall the app and reinstall it and reapplied the channel hack and nothing is fixing it this time. Anybody got any clues or done anything to fix it again?

Also it doesnt matter if 4mbps or 6mbps is selected it still does it. Others say with the pro they have a 10mbps selection also but I do not. Weird thing is if I turn off the remote and turn it back on 10mnps does show up and I can select it but as soon as I go to another screen and come back to check it the 10mbps choice is gone and its back to 4 or 6mbps.

Channel 32 use to be flawless....grrrrrr

Last edited:
Yeah I'm flying less and less with the buggy software , took her out today and loss of signal at 60yards away wtf... I'm on 9.02 latest Dji go and Ed firmware... On iPad Air 2

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I'm on the latest software/firmware for IOS 9 and DJI without issue. Everything is running normally as I expect is the case for the large majority of people. Will be interesting to know if you have sorted your problem, and where the problem stems from.

I flew it saturday night for Halloween and on one battery I lost singal 7 times. Which makes it hard when you trying to take pics and you can see what you are aimed at. The only difference also is this all started when I got my ipad mini 4, My ipad mini 2 with the channel hack I never lost signal. When I got the mini 4 is when 9.1 came out and the new Dji Go and I updated everything to the newest and then the first time I hooked everything up Dji go updated my remote. Fri night I under installed Dji go again, reinstalled it and the channel hack but still doing the same as it was.

I am lost on what to do with as much money as I have in this thing it is pretty much useless to take pics and video when you cant see what your looking at. Anyone have any clues what to try?

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I'm on the latest software/firmware for IOS 9 and DJI without issue. Everything is running normally as I expect is the case for the large majority of people. Will be interesting to know if you have sorted your problem, and where the problem stems from.
Do you have a ipad mini 4? or what do you use?

@Mudcon having the same issues on and off...I'm on Android so I'm not so sure it's ios...I was on go 2.3 and 1.3.2 was having the no signal issues...I read somewhere to do a hard reset on my tablet..I did that and reinstalled go app 2.3 and the 1.4.1 firmware (previously had issues with stability on this firmware)...after doing all this flew 3 batteries with no" no signal" issues...flew on Halloween night, got a No signal again..absolutely rediculous and no reason for it...yesterday I tried installing 2.4 go app and did another flight with no "No Signal" issues..haven't had a chance to fly more batteries but if I get the issues again, it's goin back to DJI...I've had enough, completely rediculous and unsafe...I'm hearing from guys who sent it in, that it's a hardware issue but I never had this problem when I first got my P3P...

@Mudcon having the same issues on and off...I'm on Android so I'm not so sure it's ios...I was on go 2.3 and 1.3.2 was having the no signal issues...I read somewhere to do a hard reset on my tablet..I did that and reinstalled go app 2.3 and the 1.4.1 firmware (previously had issues with stability on this firmware)...after doing all this flew 3 batteries with no" no signal" issues...flew on Halloween night, got a No signal again..absolutely rediculous and no reason for it...yesterday I tried installing 2.4 go app and did another flight with no "No Signal" issues..haven't had a chance to fly more batteries but if I get the issues again, it's goin back to DJI...I've had enough, completely rediculous and unsafe...I'm hearing from guys who sent it in, that it's a hardware issue but I never had this problem when I first got my P3P...
yea dont understand how it could be a hardware issue when it starts doing it will updates only. I have til december for my 6 month warranty so I guess I will send it in, just didnt want to go that long without. Do you know the best way to start the procedure to send it in?

Yeah...just call DJI...or you can email support with the problem...I don't know the email off the top of my head...I had spoke to someone in California office and they seemed pretty nice..they will send you an RMA and you just follow the directions from there...I got my RMA on Oct 19 but I thought I had the issue solved so I never sent it in...just emailed them to see if the RMA is still good, waiting to hear back...see what happens but I think I'm sending it back before it's to late.

Yeah I didn't have these issues until they did away with all 32 channels... I don't see how RMa is going to fix anything other then cost you a lot of time and shipping charges..

Flew with latest litchi 2.5.1 today on nexus 7 had complete signal loss 1\2 mile away screen just froze just pressed rth and hoped for the best lucky for me it came back, owned p3p for 6 months made over 100 flights had total signal loss about 12 times in total give up worrying about it dji are useless even they don't have an answer to why this happens, RTH is the best feature dji came up with!

Reactions: Ayrtonginster
Happened to me for the first time yesterday. Just after flying out nearly 3mi, I was just flying close by on the 3rd battery. Up about 40ft over water and about 2500ft away...Complete signal loss. I thought I heard a splash and thought the worst. Hit RTH after closing DJI Go and restarting the app on my iPad Air 2 didn't resolve. Like a miracle, after a few mins I heard the sweet buzzing sound of the drone approaching. Needless to say, I'm a little hesitant to push this thing now.

EDIT: Forgot to add that mysteriously, my flight log data ends right at the point of the signal loss. So the track of the RTH is not displayed in the DJI Go App. I will have to analyze the log files later to see what's going on here.

Last edited:
When you refer to Signal Loss are you referring to Video Signal loss or actual controller signal loss?

I've been getting intermittent signal strength, too, since the last update. Channel 20 used to work well for me, but now it doesn't seem to matter.

I thought, maybe, that something happened to the antenna, but I've had no hard landings or other accidents. After reading this, I see that it's probably the app or firmware. Interestingly, my P3P seems to fly OK the whole time, but I'm keeping it closer until this is resolved.

When you refer to Signal Loss are you referring to Video Signal loss or actual controller signal loss?
Not sure about the other folks, but when my GO app starts, on the initial check list, the signal strength keeps alternating between good and poor, regardless what I do. This is a new phenomenon. As I mentioned in my post, the flights seem OK, but I'm being careful.

I lost both video and data link. Status on the app said something like no signal. I had no idea what was going on with the bird because there was no info on the screen.

Interesting... I haven't had an issue yet, however it is worrying that you guys have... Are you running in airplane mode on your tab/phone? Especially in built up areas it helps to keep interference to a minimum. Otherwise there are windsurfer options - I know this is a practical fix for signal issues - if you do suspect it is software however anything short of a patch/update/rollback won't fix it...

Not sure about the other folks, but when my GO app starts, on the initial check list, the signal strength keeps alternating between good and poor, regardless what I do. This is a new phenomenon. As I mentioned in my post, the flights seem OK, but I'm being careful.

I have had this very same problem since the 1st time we had to ever update back in May. I call tech support and was asked a few questions and to try a few things only to have them say I need to send in at that time because they were out of ideas. I never did send it for repair, and it still does it today. It seems some firmware's show no ill effects, where as so others have given the lost signal issue. While in the dji beta program and when 1.3.2 firmware came out it was pretty bad. I had notice that reception had been reduced greatly in that firmware version. I was getting a signal loss while standing in the backyard and having me on one side of a tree and the A/C on the other. So it goes, the majority of us in beta complain a great deal about the signal loss issue. By the end of the day we had new firmware to try. A 100% of the android users were completely fixed. And around 50% of the iS0 users were back to normal. The next day another firmware was provided just for iS0 and all but a couple were taken care of.

Anyhow, the Good/Poor display activity seems to be different when the A/C is cold vs warm. It's also obvious to me when something to do with turning down transmit signal by dji this display issue becomes a signal lost. In the worse case scenario it looses signal just long enough to cause the A/C to RTH and then returns to receiving a signal. There has been others that have mentioned having the same problem, but not a large number of others.

I have had some super bad experiences with dji support so I will all that I can to keep from send in my A/C in for repair, even if it means living with certain issues. Btw, there were some of the others that felt like this problem was not that big of a deal to get too worried over. The current app and firmware combo I use does not have any problems with distance which is why I have not updated. I started a thread not that long ago explaining to all that read it these video an distance problems would be coming and most likely in the next update. I warned everyone to wait and see if there were problems before they do any updating. And of coarse there are now a number of people stuck in a hole with setups they wish they didn't have.

On my last signal loss the app just said no signal went from 100% signal to nothing, when it appeared overhead after RTH I still had control but no video or date downlink ,, my advice is always use RTH if you can see your bird , if you panic and start moving the sticks they are still controlling the bird but you can not see what it's doing, only way out of this situation is hit RTH, nobody can fly blind with no downlink

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers