Signal issues using iPad Mini 2 cellular with P3P

Reaction score
I've been using my iPad Air 2 (non 4G) and have had no issues whatsoever. I would simply cache map while on wifi or use my iPhone as a hotspot. i figured I'd buy a new Mini 2 with 4G just to use as an FPV without need to activate cellular service due to the built its GPS module and more convenient size. While using it for the first time today, the video signal was lagging quite a bit, during my first flight, there was no green indicator line showing between home point and Phantom, and I had difficulty viewing both satellite and hybrid screens during my second flight however, green line was then showing. I recall reading that quite a few members use this same iPad for flying without problems, hoping those that use it with a P3P will provide their experience as well as any suggestions on solving this issue.

I appreciate your suggestions and will try them. My Mini 2 32gb is brand new, nothing add'l loaded other than DJI Go App. Just out of curiosity, are flying a P3A or P3P?

I have an iPad Mini 2 16GB. I'm flying a P3S, P3P, Inspire 1, and an Inspire 1 V2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav