Signal issue after crash

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am very new to this stuff. I have had an awesome time with my P3 standard, but unfortunately had a minor crash that broke one side of the landing skids. I superglued it back together and it is stable and there appears to be no other damage.

In a completely separate instance, I opened my case once and the remote controller antenna had snapped off.

Now, when I fly the drone, everything seems to be working perfectly except I lose signal after ~100 meters and have to RTH. I'm wondering if the issue is the remote controller or maybe the receiving antenna in the aircraft itself. I did notice that one of the antenna on the aircraft is slightly loose after the crash, but I threaded back into the aircraft and it looks fine - but I'm wondering if maybe it is loose and causing the signal issues.

I ordered a new set of landing gear but am afraid to replace the old ones in case I mess anything up in terms of the antenna (or compass apparently...)

What would you recommend I do? Are there instructions/videos out there for replacing the landing skids or fixing the remote controller? I could send it back for repair but feel like it shouldn't be hard to fix myself. I just can't find instructions anywhere!

Thanks,

Scott

Open up your remote controller and take a look at the antenna wire to ensure it's not damaged and that it's still attached. These instructions show how to open the remote controller. DJI does not sell parts to fix the remote controller antenna, but you might be able to buy the needed parts from a repair shop. Check with Hani.

For the landing gear, you're going to have to dissemble your Phantom in order to remove the antennas from the landing gear. You can find a few videos here that explain how to replace the Phantom body. Those videos cover the landing gear removal.

Thanks for the reply!

The Professional seems to have a different anatomy than the standard. Are there any videos of the Standard being disassembled?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav