Shutting off power

Reaction score
So if pulling the left lever down for 3 seconds shuts down the craft.... what happens when you're 300 feet up and want to come down fast?

It will only shut down your aircraft after it has stopped descending. Only a CSC will shut off your aircraft mid-flight.

It will descend normally. Holding throttle down for three seconds only kills the motors when the quad is stationary.

So if pulling the left lever down for 3 seconds shuts down the craft.... what happens when you're 300 feet up and want to come down fast?
It's amazing the number of people that imagine that DJI designers are smart enough to create the Phantom 3 but dumb enough to make descending kill the motors in flight.
DJI designers are pretty smart .
If your Phantom is high enough, you can hold the left stick down for 133 seconds and your Phantom's motors still won't stop until after it has landed.

It's amazing the number of people that imagine that DJI designers are smart enough to create the Phantom 3 but dumb enough to make descending kill the motors in flight.
DJI designers are pretty smart .
If your Phantom is high enough, you can hold the left stick down for 133 seconds and your Phantom's motors still won't stop until after it has landed.

When you spend a good chunk of your hard earned money on something you're not a pro with, and the manual doesn't t state doing this is ok mid flight, there's no harm in asking... (Or searching for the answer)

You'd think coming to the forums to ask a question you don't know the answer to would get you a helpful response and not another post like this. I like your **** meta4 but not everyone knows a lot about quads. I was new to this once (still am) and I'm sure there was a point in your life you were too...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ShelbyPoker
If you really want your Phantom to come down fast, just do the CSC :p

There's no harm in asking, but it's still amazing that so many ask this particular question.
If our minds were as one, a unity, I'd expect we could collectively have all this knowledge without even ever picking up a quad copter. But most of us are individuals...

I was afraid to use the left stick full down on my bird, and to this day I never go full when descending.

I personally support searching for an answer first, but to each their own

I thought about doing the CSC then starting it back as a stunt, but i heard the phantom flips upside down so no thank you lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
It's also recommended to not use CSC when landed and turning off the props. Plenty of videos of birds flipping on this maneuver.

CSC is pretty much only useful for dodging manned aircraft and messing with people who are OCD... [emoji21]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31