Shutting Down Enginges

Reaction score
Anyone else find the process to turn off the motors to be a MAJOR design flaw?! Any other way to do it besides bringing both stick down at an angle? So far it has caused me to flip the drone over a couple of times trying to turn the motors off.

Once on the ground, simply hold the left stick all the way straight down until the motors shut off. No need to do both sticks to the inside corner.

I flipped doing exactly what you did. Here is my new method.

Two ways to safely shut down.

1. Dont mess with the right stick, just hold the left still all the way down until the motors shut off.

2. Hold the left stick all the way down, then when the motors are slow, bring both stick to the down center position. This way shuts off the motors about 3 seconds faster, but has more risk.

What I do is just hold the left stick all the way down until the props get down to a save speed that the drone wont move and then put both sticks in the bottom inner corner to cut the engines. another probably safer option is to just hold the left stick down until it the engines cut out.

I found that landing was the most difficult maneuver, much harder than takeoff. I bring the phantom down to about 5 FT elevation and hover, then walk over and grab the skid with my right hand and pull the left stick straight down to shut off the motors. Easier than landing, but riskier for prop cuts on my right arm. This is easier if you have a friend do the grabbing with both hands.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4